Hello, My name is Matthew Gilpin and I am the creator of Gilpin's Gin and Gilpin's Navy Gin.
Let me tell you why we are crowdfunding and why you might want to get involved:
At the age of 17, I joined the Royal Navy. Like all great adventures the real change was internal, to my perspective. In a short time I made some great friends and came to develop an enormous respect for Sailors and Marines and the dedicated work they do - often separated from their families for long periods. The families are heroes too. Now more than ever we need to support our people and their families during and after their service.
That is where the RNRMC comes in.
The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity (www.rnrmc.org) is the main charity of the Naval Service and provides invaluable support to sailors, marines and their families during difficult times that can range from economic shocks, ill health, family crises and much more.
My passion and hobby has always been the alchemy of drinks production - turning one set of ingredients into another (more magical) liquid. Later in life this obsession found its expression in Gilpin's Gin. www.gilpinsgin.com
We have recently launched Gilpin's Navy Gin - a "Navy Strength" version of our multiple award winning Gilpin's Extra Dry Gin. With the same 8 botanicals as Gilpin's Extra Dry, Gilpin's Navy is cut to higher ABV of 54.5% alcohol - giving it a more robust flavour perfect for cocktails. Strong but smooth with key notes of Juniper, Bitter Orange and Sage providing perfect balance and versatility.
If you love gin you'll love Gilpin's Navy Gin.
We are going to use the funds to do a special limited edition run of <5,000 bottles of Gilpin's Navy Gin.
Profits from this campaign will go to RNRMC.
How it works:
1. See the rewards we are offering on this page.
2. Pick one or more rewards that you want for yourself or as gifts for friends or loved ones
3. Rewards are limited but you can order all you want in any combination you can see.
4. Once the offer period is closed at the end of May we will arrange for rewards to be made and delivered to you.
5. The rewards will be made specially for you so please be aware there might be wait of a few weeks.
6. We can only send gin to (and run bars in) the UK. The Duffel bags and Crystal glasses can be sent worldwide if you add an additional donation of £20 on your order.
Bottles/Cases of Gilpin's Navy Gin - 54.5% - robust in flavour with Juniper, Bitter Orange and Sage as the main flavours. Great in cocktails, amazing just on the rocks. A real Gin Lover's Gin. Beautiful bottle with gold leaf embossing. Each bottle individually numbered.
Gilpin's embroidered bartenders aprons and caps.
Luxury Gilpin's Gin Navy Duffel Bag by Chapman's Bags - one of UK's best luxury luggage makers. All hand-made from the highest quality materials. These bags are not on sale anywhere else and have been designed and produced just for us. Great for travelling or commuting. Over-the-shoulder strap is very practical for cycling etc.
Hand blown and cut Crystal Martini Glasses by Cumbria Crystal - with a subtle Gilpin's "Wild Board of Westmorland" logo etched on base. These glasses are our unique design - we spent 2 years to create our vision of the perfect Martini glass. It's all about balance, weight, the right level of sharpness of the rim. Beautifully hand cut with full length fluting up the stem. These sound expensive until you hold one - then you'll understand what all the fuss is about. These make the best present ever (we know - we keep getting invited back).
Gilpin's Gin cocktail bar for 50/100 people for your event. We come to your event and set up a cocktail bar with Gilpin's Gin and Gilpin's Navy Gin cocktails and mixers.
We look forward to making this a great success and provide great support to our favourite charity.
Great Cause. Great Gin. Great Rewards.
If you have any questions please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity (www.rnrmc.org) is the principal charity of the Royal Navy. It exists to support sailors, marines and their families, for life. Beneficiaries lie at the heart of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity's purpose. Since 2007, RNRMC have funded projects and facilities that boost morale for those who serve today. It also distributes millions of pounds annually to military charities which care for the children, families and veterans of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines.
Gilpin’s NAVY Gin uses the same eight botanicals as their award-winning classic London Dry Gilpin’s Westmorland EXTRA DRY Gin - bottled at a higher strength of 54.4% making it perfect for classic Naval cocktails like the Gimlet. Most importantly Gilpin’s Navy Gin is not just stronger in alcohol but more intense in flavour – bringing out the key flavours even better.
Some important terms:
1. We can only sell alcohol to people over 18 years old in the UK. By applying for rewards including bottles or cases of gin you are confirming you are over 18 years of age. We can only ship alcohol to UK addresses except international deliveries may be possible by special arrangement. Other physical rewards such as glassware and bags are available for international subscribers.
2. The rewards will be made specially hand made by craftspeople for us when the campaign finishes. That means there might be a wait of a few weeks before you get your stuff. Please bear with us.
3. Prices include UK tax and shipping.
4. If you are based outside the UK you will need to add GBP £20.00 as an "additional donation" to your order so we can ship internationally. You agree you are responsible for any local taxes or import duties.
London Dry Gin - 100% English Grain Spirit. ABV 54.4%
Registered Office: 73 Cornhill, London, EC3V 3QQ, United Kingdom
Errors & omissions excepted.
Westmorland Spirits Limited