What is the Hookable Book Box?
A book box, filled with beautiful picture books, primary teacher selected and designed to get kids talking. The first three themes are outlined below.
Following this Crowdfunder, we will be setting up a monthly subscription service on our website. We will be expanding our range of themed book boxes to cover a wider range of children's books. Any questions please get in touch [email protected] or on our website.
How will your donations help?
Your donations mean that we can send out our book box (boxes) to primary schools for free!
You will be helping children who are going through difficult times in their lives and nurture a love of reading.
The first three Hookable Book Boxes
(Post Crowdfunding we will be expanding our range)
Emotions Focus (children's mental health)
- For example, books that open up conversations about anger and anxiety.
- Books about loss, bereavement and grief. What it is and how different people deal with it.
- Stories about resilience, self- esteem and self-acceptance.
Suitable for children 3-11 years old.
What makes us different
- Created and collated by an experienced primary school teacher, English specialist and graduate.
- In response to what I have seen in the classroom, in the last 12 months with Covid and what I have been asked by parents, over the last 9 years.
- I have personal experience with loss and bereavement. I have also taught many children who would benefit from these book boxes.
Why do I want to send out these first 3 book boxes to schools?
1 in 6 children (5 to 16 years) were identified as having a probable mental disorder thousands have lost loved ones and many say that they feel worse since the start of the pandemic. (UK)
With the uncertainty and loss of life in the last 12 months, they need our support, now more than ever.
We want more children to have access to books. 1 in 11 disadvantaged children in the UK say that they don’t have a book of their own according to the National Literacy Trust.
Please take a look at the rewards. They will give you an idea of how your donations will help children and their families. If you are interested in purchasing a book box please get in touch on [email protected]
If you are unable to pledge, please share this project far and wide so we can support thousands of children and get them talking.
Thanks for your support.
Follow me on:
Instagram Facebook Twitter
Jordan Whitt, Chinh Le Duc and Charlein Gracia.