At Roxeth Community Church we have some thriving community and fitness groups. We would love to see them better resourced with equipment and have the opportunity to offer more free classes to those from our local community. Our Crowdfunding covers four aspects:
1) We want everyone kept as safe as possible when they come to the church building. So we're Crowdfunding for an industry standard defibrillator to ensure we have the highest levels of physical safety for everyone who attends the varied activities at the church.
Cost of defibrillator: £1188
2) Come down to the church on a Tuesday evening and you'll likely run into some Gladiators. That's the name of the free, weekly men's fitness group - it's growing all the time, with men from different backgrounds, fitness levels and ages all getting fit and staying fit in a friendly and supportive environment. As the group continues to grow, we'd love to properly resource it with great equipment and we're looking to Crowdfund to that end.
- Gladiators equipment: £1100
3) We have a heart to see new and innovative compassion projects grow here. We're raising funds to train Wendy Caygill, our Pilates coach, to offer Pilates for women recovering from breast cancer. We'd love to be able offer this wonderful, recuperative, confidence building class to these special women in our community. This funding will provide for professional, specialised training in this groundbreaking area.
Breast cancer Pilates Training: £400
4) At Roxeth, over the past six months we have seen our chair-based exercise class for older, less mobile people, Pilates Gold, blossom into a thriving and very popular class with over 30 local people coming each week. We'd love to keep offering the class for free. This Crowdfunder would provide for 15 more free classes for our local community.
x15 fully funded Pilates Gold classes: £1395