CK Theatre School prides itself on offering classes that are both enjoyable and challenging; following the ISTD and LAMDA syllabi to ensure all students are given the chance to learn new skills and gain confidence at the same time.
We welcomed students back into classes on 21st September. It is wonderful to see children and young people back in class doing what they love - but we are very aware that most students will be required to self-isolate at some point over the coming months. This interruption to classes can have both a physical and mental impact on the student. We are working hard to implement a hybrid system where we can have classes running 'face-to-face' and live stream the classes for those at home simultaneously.
To do this we need to invest in the necessary technology for live streaming from multiple venues.
During lockdown, we were able to deliver classes online using a mix of live streaming and pre-recorded 'on demand' classes. We recognise that 'on demand' classes are better suited to some families who may be sharing their home computer and have multiple people using the internet at any one time. We would like to continue to develop our pre-recorded classes to make these available to students in the future and in case of another lockdown which prevented us teaching 'in person'. To create these videos we need to invest in suitable technology that has the capability and software needed to edit videos in this way.
With this new technology, we will also potentially be able to explore a new way of offering classes entirely online to children and young people who are not yet ready to return to 'in person' classes for whatever reason.
Here's a few things we love about CKTS:
- We love that our classes are small and focused on the appropriate level for the students.
- We love that our teachers are passionate about creating a fun an inclusive environment which makes everyone feel welcome.
- We love seeing smiles on the faces of the young people we teach.
- We love offering young people the chance to participate in graded exams as well as regular performances at local theatres.
- We love watching students grow throughout their time at CKTS, with many students joining at age 3 and leaving age 18!
The money raised through Crowdfunder will enable us to continue to offer our full timetable of classes in our normal venues and with our wonderful, experienced teachers as well as creating a system to engage students who, for whatever reason, are at home.