What is Games for Change?
- Games for Change invites teams of people of all ages and backgrounds to come forward with ideas which can help our community in Kingston to recover and rebuild.
- There are no limits to the ideas that the teams can come up with. The teams will pitch their ideas and local people will select their favourites. Great prizes will provide an added incentive for teams to get involved.
- We hope the ideas generated by the teams will be taken forward by people with expertise and resources to make things happen.
Why Games for Change?
- As we (hopefully) move into the recover and rebuild phase, how can we help to make Kingston and the world a better place than it was before COVID 19?
- Ordinary people come up with brilliant ideas and creative solutions to problems, as many have shown during lockdown. It is vital that we get opportunities to express and feed our ideas into plans and policies for Kingston's future.
- The Games for Change Challenge will create a community think tank, for people to share ideas and be heard by organisations that can help change our community for the better.
Who are we?
- We are Shared Enterprise. We are a charity and social enterprise. We empower people who face challenges to realise their enterprise dreams.
- Games for Change adapts a game we use to enable people to come up with great ideas and inspire each other. It can get people involved and they have great fun.
Where will the Games for Change Challenge take place?
- The crowdfunding would enable us to run a Game for Change here in Kingston upon Thames. Games for Change can follow a virtual or physical format or, depending on the COVID situation, a combination of both.