In May 2016 we started with a mission - to create brews that were packed full of flavour. Following a whirlwind year and a half, our aim is now to bring our beer to a wider audience and open Aberdeen’s first home town brewery bar. Fierce Beer is our brewery based in the City of Aberdeen in North East Scotland, but without the support of our customers, we wouldn't be here today. We think it's time to give back to those who have helped us reach our goals so far, and welcome you officially, to the Fierce Family.
Since we first began brewing, things have gone crazy! Some of our favourite highlights include:
- Being voted 'Best New Brewery - 2016' in Scotland by Ratebeer.
- Winning 'Best New Brewery', 'Best Stout or Porter' and 'Beer Of The Year' at the Scottish Beer Awards 2017.
- Being voted 'Best Brewdog collab beer.....ever'.
- Increasing capacity from 150,000 L/Year to 600,000 L/Year to keep up with demand.
- Doubling revenues each year, with projected revenues over £1m next financial year.
- Exporting to 12 countries globally, and as far afield as Australia and Hong Kong.
- Working with our friends over at Devil’s Peak Brewing Company to ensure our beer is readily available in South Africa.
Our next is to open up a bar in our home town of Aberdeen - that is where we need your help.
We have located a licensed site in Aberdeen City Centre, situated in Exchequer Row. This location is perfectly positioned nearby; BrewDog’s flagship bar, BrewDog Castlegate, The Craftsman Company, Six°North and CASC bar, so right in the centre of craft beer awesomeness.
The bar will have 20 taps which we're going to split between Fierce beers and guest lines. We'll be holding events to showcase the best in the UK craft beer scene, including meeting any collab brew partner who comes to brew with us. We'll also host regular tasting sessions and special events exclusively for 'Fierce Family' members who have invested in the project.
So why are we crowdfunding? Two reasons:
- All of our free cash is being ploughed back into the company to allow us to grow and say yes to trade customers who we currently have to disappoint. We have recently invested in new brewing vessels which will double our capacity - this also means we are able to get more beer out to you folks who are asking for it. We have also bought a canning line, which will be running early in 2018. The cans will be awesome!
- The support we've received since our inception has been heartwarming and has helped us to come this far. We want to be able to give something back and show you that we appreciate everyone who loves Fierce. Crowdfunding will allow us to give out some great rewards, as well as giving investors the ability to brag about being part of the Fierce Family!
Our plans for the bar
We've been working closely with local architects to lay the plans for how the bar will be set up. As we've not yet been able to start work, we've mocked up some images of how we'd like to see the space develop.
The bar will have a mix of both high and low seating, and one large booth for tastings. We’ll also be adding outside seating on the peaceful, south-facing street.
As well as filling our cellar with fantastic beer, we're committed to stocking a wide range of local craft spirits and creating a 'regular's corner'. We're also committed to providing excellent accessible facilities to ensure we're creating an inclusive space for the whole community, local and otherwise.
Our target is to raise £60,000, to bring this dream to reality. In return for investment, the rewards will be amazing, and include:
- Receiving twice what you put in - double investment rewards in beer/merch in our bar or online shop.
- Membership cards - so you prove you’re a part of the our story, and the Fierce Family!
- Lifetime discounts - 10% off in the bar and online.
- Opportunities to brew with us, even being involved in the recipe formulation, with your own private release party in the bar!
Check out the rewards on the right-hand side of this page to see what your investment can yet you. Or if you're reading this before Christmas, think of the beer lover in your life, grab yourself some brownie points with a present that keeps on giving!
So come on - join us and stand Fierce.