Hey Humans! We have a problem & need your help...
After opening in November 2019 we've seen huge success in the launch of Frenchie Frenchie Dog Cafe & Bakery. We've been seeing new doggos each and every single day of the week.
On the 17th March this came to an abrupt stop, with no date as yet, to reopen. We haven't seen any of our lovely customers, humans or pooches and this breaks our hearts.
As a new business we fall through the cracks of the government self employed business funding and also the furlough scheme, so we need your help.
Our development vision and plan to open a second cafe later this year has been put on hold..for now!
Like any fledgling business we reinvest every penny we make to ensure our products are ever evolving and our customers have an amazing experience.
Who the woof are we?
After 18 months of planning we launched in November 2019. We're a unique doggy cafe & luxury dog bakery.
Since opening last year we have welcomed over 10,000 people through our doors. As we're open 7 days a week and late nights we get to see many dogs from all different breeds (and their humans too) from cockapoo's to beagles to German shepherds and labradors. We really do see and LOVE them all.
We've garnered over 200 5* Reviews across Facebook, Google, Instagram & Trip Advisor. We are open and honest so have never solicited a review. Our customers and pooches love it so much that they want to tell us about their experience.
We have two floors, downstairs is the luxury doggy bakery and the Pawsecco & ChamPAWS bar. Upstairs is our unique custom built play area with ball pool and playhouse.
We don't just serve drinks and snacks for the doggos. We have a unique blend of roast coffee and carefully selected Matcha & Green Teas. We also have delicious sweet treats for their owners too (we can't leave them out... after all, they're the ones who pay)
We know that you can take your beloved pooch to the local pub with you but ultimately, that is human fun. We created Frenchie Frenchie for the doggos to enjoy and we get to just tag along for the ride.
Our motto is and always will be: A place for dogs to bring their humans.
Who are our customers & where do they come from?
When we opened our doors, we envisioned the demographic as being from 95% of the local town. How wrong we were! On our launch day we had people travelling from Bristol, Southend-on-Sea, Norwich & Birmingham! That is a huge feat given we're in a small town in Nottinghamshire.
This trend continued to the day of closure with 42% of our booked tables and customers from outside of Nottinghamshire. Coming from, Leeds, Birmingham, Scotland, Manchester and even further afield.
We are proud of what we've achieved in the few short months we've been open. We want to continue to nurture our passion for our business, and create a unique concept up and down the country.
Why is this so important?
- Before the pandemic hit we had a structurally sound business plan with focus on events throughout the year reinvesting funds to open our second cafe in 2020.
- We use our capital revenues to reinvest into our unique business. This is what we were using to fund the ongoing research and development into new products and locations.
But we may have a solution to all the dog problems we're facing...
By pledging with us for a reward or recognition we can get through this current crisis and come out of the other side on top! We have exclusive pledges & amazing packages for all the dog lovers of the world & humans alike.
Check out our promotional video below to see what all the fuss is about:
How will it help us?
Quite simply it will help us survive. It will help the business continue to develop and help to fund our second cafe for more people of the community to enjoy.
We've been on an fantastic journey in the 5 months leading up to the current crisis. We grew our customer base organically and saw over 10,000 people in a short space of time.
It will allow us to grow and innovate behind the scenes to bring our concept to more people than ever later in the year.
- ALL PLEDGES will be entered into a prize draw! They will win a £1000 Gift Card to spend at Frenchie Frenchie (online or in-store). T's & C's apply and are listed at the bottom of the page.
- ANY pledge above £15 will also include HALL OF FAME free of charge. We want to recognise and thank our backers, pledgers and everyone who helps us for the rest of our lives.
Help us keep the dogs woofing!
Please share this campaign as far and wide as you can on social media and also within your circle.
We created Frenchie Frenchie with dogs at the forefront of our minds, however this has grown into a social hub for humans to enjoy just as much!
We have a varied customer base, from people who don't have time for a pooch, to those with mental illness who come for the therapy. All of this we couldn't have dreamed possible until it became a reality.
How will the money be spent?
Your pledges and donations will go towards the following:
- Funding our creative and design team to come up with new products.
- Increase marketing to our newly opened online store which launched on the 1st April
- Fund our second store opening (timing prohibited) in hopefully Q4 of 2020 or Q1 of 2021.
A message from the CEO of The Mansfield BID
For those that think 'how hard can it be filming a promo video' here are just a few clips of what can go wrong! This also shows us just what we're like not only together but with Frenchie Frenchie.
The last bark...
Thank you to everyone that has supported us so far and made Frenchie Frenchie to what it is today. Also to our future supporters who will help us to continue on our quest of total Dogination!
Stay Home, Protect the NHS & Save Lives.
All our love,
Arran & Liam - Woof Woof
Bonus Draw T's & C's
- All pledges made whether pledging for a product or pledging a donation will be entered into the draw.
- You can pledge multiple times and gain multiple entries.
- £1000 Gift Card excludes hardware and includes the following but not limited to Dog Treats, Hot Drinks, Human Treats (in-store and online)
- Online delivery fee will still apply when using online credit.
- The entries will close when the campaign finishes.
- A winner will be selected at random no longer than 4 weeks after campaign concluding.