WHO ARE WE?
We are a passionate and active group of parents and teaching staff who volunteer to raise much needed money for our school. We want to inspire all our children to reach for the stars and achieve their dreams.
WHAT IS OUR AIM?
- We want to increase the number and variety of free after school clubs available so all the children can have the opportunity to attend a club in the year.
- Our proposal involves improving the current equipment to allow more children to attend, and additional funding for a TA to help, so more places can be opened.
WHY HAVE CLUBS AT THE SCHOOL?
- The clubs will ensure that the children are safe and well cared for by providing the clubs in the safety of the school grounds, a familiarity, in which anxious children may not access out of school.
- Some parents may not feel comfortable letting their children access clubs in which they do not know the Leaders, and therefore this reduces the risk of those children not having access to other out of school clubs.
- The school has a very diverse ethnic background and all the children are invited to attend, reducing the differences in educational achievement between ethnic groups.
- The groups provide positive activities for young people and will hopefully inspire them to continue into their young adult life, reducing the risk of antisocial behaviour.
- Many working parents will also benefit from the having the clubs straight after school.
- Some of the equipment can also be used in lessons, providing even more opportunities for the children.
WHAT WE DO NOW?
- We currently offer a range clubs to the children in KS2, which are run by volunteers, mainly teachers. Due to lack of equipment and staff:children ratios the numbers are kept small.
- The proposal is based on a 2-year program, with potential to extend, covering initial equipment (and a budget for replacement stock in the art club, in which items cannot be 're-used' and travel for the Choir to perform).
- It will also provide additional adult supervision to increase the number of children able to attend.
- We feel this will really enhance the children's experience in and out of school and follow them into adult life, and in essence will help strengthen our local community.
WHAT WILL WE USE THE FUNDING FOR?
We will update and provide additional equipment for each club and have a reserve of funds to provide additional adult support if required.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Government cuts have really affected schools, which means our work as a Charity is even more important. We host event and activities throughout the year, but are always looking at other ways in which we can achieve our goals. We hope that that the video of our children will inspire you to pledge towards our cause. We want to give our children the best opportunities we can, helping them fulfil happy, healthy lives.
- The additional funding will see capacity in club spaces rise from 511 to 874.
- The additional equipment can also see added value in use in school lessons too.