We're a small social enterprise in the final stages of transforming a derelict warehouse in rural North Dorset into a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) Education Centre.
We've previously crowdfunded successfully, funding our mobile planetarium we take round schools, meteorites, space artefacts and securing our 2 units. With help from new sponsors, we've now finished the first unit and opened the centre for some sessions including Science & Coding clubs, astronomy evenings and children's parties. We've even had a recruitment drop-in day with a leading recruitment company. Work is now underway on the second half of the centre, but we need your help to raise the final funds.
Progress so far:
- Units secured on 3 year lease - plenty of parking and great rural location
- Well stocked educational shop now open and almost paying for the centre rent
- Green screen area finished
- IT suite with 25 machines for kid's coding and adult education
- 2nd unit prepared, flooring laid, etc
- Dinosaur zone started
- Mission to Mars exhibit created
- Several exhibits nearly finished: Interactive sand-pit, Mars Rover, tornado in a box
- We're exhibiting with the European Space Agency next week!
Left to do:
- Large dinosaur models
- More Decorating
- Engineering Zone
- Session planning & more exhibits
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We're so close! Please help us get this last bit finished. We're grateful of any help you can give. If you're unable to pledge, we'd appreciate you sharing our project with your contacts.
We've come up with some great rewards, including several items signed by Apollo Astronaut Al Worden! Our friends at the new Love Nature TV App have offered a half-price subscription with a donation to us for every one purchased.