Covid-19 means low income Malvern, families that are already finding life tough are now facing a crisis.
Whilst the Government may cover 80% of some salaries, for many the lost 20% means real hardship. For the self employed and others it can be even worse.
In response, Malvern charities, councillors, schools and churches are working together to feed those in need in Malvern due to Covid-19, under the '#FeedMalvern' banner.
How it works
- You, the lovely general public donate money to help those in need
- We collect the Gift Aid on your donation from the Government (this will not cost you any extra)
- We give 100% of all donations to the Malvern Hills Foodbank
- Malvern Hills Foodbank clients bring their voucher, supplied by any one of over 40 referral agencies, which is redeemed for three days’ worth of emergency food.
We appreciate this is a tough time for everyone, but we can come together and support each other as a Malvern community, so please donate where you can.
PLEASE pass this message to anyone who might donate to #FeedMalvern - we need your help to make people aware of how to help those in our community.
About Malvern Hills Foodbank
Founded in 2012 by local churches and community groups, working together towards stopping hunger in our local area. We opened in February 2013 at a small warehouse in Howsell Road and moved to our present warehouse in Spring Lane South in October 2013. Over 20 church communities provide regular donations of food and household items, supplemented by donations at Just So in Barnards Green, Waitrose Great Malvern, Morrisons and Co-op Food in Worcester Road and in Upton upon Severn. The foodbank has over 40 referral agencies: these are local organisations which can help and advise people in difficulty and, where necessary, provide a voucher for food to be redeemed at one of our foodbank centres. The foodbank is run entirely by volunteers, supported by The Trussell Trust.
Please see our website to find out more about us:
Malvern Hills Foodbank
Unit 4, Spring Court
Spring Lane South
The Lyttelton Well
Sunshine Children's Centre
Upton upon Severn Baptist Church
Upton upon Severn
We know that anyone can find themselves at crisis point for a number of different reasons.
In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher. The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis.
Our foodbank works with a number of different local agencies, such as Malvern Citizens Advice Bureau, housing associations, including Fortis Living, children’s centres, health visitors and social workers. To find out more about the agencies that hold our vouchers and how you can get help, please see the list below or contact us.
When you visit a referral agency they will take some basic details from you to complete the voucher. This will help them to identify the cause of your crisis and offer practical guidance. It also means we are able to prepare suitable emergency food for the right number of people.
Once you have been issued with a voucher, you can exchange this for a minimum of three days of emergency food at your nearest foodbank centre.
Malvern Hills Food Bank referral agencies
- Age UK Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- Age UK – Malvern & District
- Bridge Training and Development
- Bromford Housing
- CAB: Citizens Advice Bureau – Malvern
- CAP: Christians Against Poverty
- CCP: Caring for Communities and People
- Citizen Housing
- Deaf Direct, Worcester
- Family Nurse Partnership (NHS)
- Worcs Family Nurse Partnership (Ripplez CIC)
- Fortis Living / Platform Housing Group
- Great Malvern Primary School
- Herefordshire County Council
- Family Support
- Housing Solutions
- Her Majesty’s Prison & Probation Service
- Home Start – Malvern
- Hope Church Family Upton upon Severn
- Job Centre Plus, Malvern Library
- Lyttelton Well
- Malvern Hills District Council
- Housing Office
- Malvern Hills Foyer
- NHS: National Health Service, Worcestershire
- Community Assessment Recovery Service
- Home Treatment Service
- Malvern Health Centre
- District Nurses (South Cluster)
- Health Visitors
- Malvern Older Adult Community Mental Health Team
- Perinatal Psychiatry Service
- Stourport Health Visiting Team
- Riverboats Children’s Centre, Upton upon Severn
- Rooftop Housing Group
- Royal British Legion
- Sanctuary Supported Living
- St James Primary School
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
- Stroke Association
- Sunshine Children’s Centre
- Upton upon Severn Baptist Church
- Upton upon Severn Surgery
- Victim Support
- Warwickshire and West Mercia Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC)
- West Mercia Homes
- West Mercia Police IOM Team
- What Makes You Different Makes You Beautiful (WMYDMYB)
- Worcestershire County Council
- Access Triage & Intervention Service
- Adult Services Connect Team
- Care Leavers Team
- Early Intervention Team
- Safeguarding Team
- Stronger Families Team
- Worcestershire Macmillan Citizens Advice
- Young Solutions
Please see our website to find out more about us: