Empowering Our Youths is a newly established, Community Interest Company, set up by two individuals passionate about working for change for our young people, across the country.
Primarily, founded to redress the in-proportionate number of BAME young people not finishing their education in mainstream education, and the well-researched link between those who are not able to finish their secondary education, and those who, at one stage in their life, will engage with offending behaviour and possibly serve time in prison.
Empowering Our Youths vision is to reach all young people, particularly those who experience barriers to education, employment or other social supports, and build a network of supports and further opportunities to help them live independent, successful futures.
Empowering Our Youths plan to deliver Awareness Workshops, for the young people who may be at risk themselves, as well as to those who have parental or professional responsibility for the young people.
The workshops will highlight key indicators and risk factors that may suggest that a young person could be engaging with offending behaviour, or even being coerced into such behaviour.
The Workshops will also act as introduction for anyone who wishes to refer a young person, or a young person to self-refer to our Mentoring Programme.
Empowering Our Youths will travel to schools and Pupil Referral Units and other community services across the country, to reach all those in need.
The aims of the workshops are, to help raise awareness of the key issues related to prevalent issues facing our young people today, including County Lines Offending, Gang & Knife Crime, and other collective offending, such as knife and gang crime, and offer advice and guidance on how to identify and support a young person who may be at risk.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
To reach young people and to deliver these key workshops, we need resources. We are currently working with people supplying their time and skills, 'in kind', the two Directors of Empowering Our Youths currently work completely unpaid, with just our passion and motivation to effect change that drives us daily. When we are more established, we will be applying for sustainable funding to ensure our services never waver.
We could really do with your help with soo many things, anything you can contribute will help!!
And you'll be doing something positive, that will have a lasting impact in the lives of our young people!
- We need to pay for a space to base ourselves
- We need to invest in equipment needed to deliver workshops! (Our second hand laptops are hanging in there at the moment!)
- We need to be able to offer young people expenses when they are with us
- We need to pay other people for their skills and services when we are networking with other companies or agencies that offer relevant support to our young people
- We need to make sure that we are able to keep receiving vital and relevant training, to ensure our services are the best we can offer
- We need to be able to respond to needs across the country and be able to travel nationwide to attend all schools and/or agencies that need our services.