(Set up as a community interest company)
Raising money to support young people to have opportunities to try new things specifically in creativity.
young people apply via an online application and then go forward to an Informal interview.
Once the application is assessed financial support is offered along with ongoing mentoring.
Creativity plays a massive part in tackling many of the issues that young people face including anxiety, low self esteem, no vision for the future, truanting, getting into trouble etc.
The money will be used to purchase equipment, materials and services for young people to take the next step.
- Creativity nurtures confidence and encourages questions
- Creativity gives a voice and allows communication beyond words.
- Creativity unlocks patterns of thinking
- Creativity plays an important role in the way we develop and grow, creativity nurtures emotion, makes a marked contribution to wellbeing.
- Creativity plays an important role in helping young people become healthy, confident and able to lead fullfilled lives in society.
- Creativity helps support critical thinking; problem solving; resillience and problem solving.
- When young people can find their strength it helps improve their self esteem.
- When engaging in creativity the affects of poverty can be reduced.
- Those involved in creativity are more likely to become more civically engaged and aim for higher career goals.
- Creativity helps level the playing field for disadvantaged students.
- The UN Convention rights of the child states that young people have the right to participate in the cultural life and the arts.
- last but not least creativity is fun.