From the threat to Wirral’s green spaces to the alarming speed of climate breakdown there has surely never been a more important time to elect more Green councillors.
At the local elections on May 2nd we have a fantastic opportunity to treble the number of Green councillors in Wirral by electing Steve Hayes in Birkenhead and Tranmere and Chris Cooke in Prenton. Steve and Chris would join Pat Cleary who has been ward councillor for Birkenhead and Tranmere since 2014.
These are some of the Green Wins since 2014. Imagine what three Green councillors could achieve over the next four years?
• We persuaded Wirral Council to phase out single use plastics by 2019
• We have established the Merseyside Pension Fund as the climate-leading local authority pension fund in the UK – already £400 million has been invested in its low carbon climate fund
• We are the only party to have opposed the proposals for an Integrated Commissioning Hub for Wirral Council and NHS Wirral which represents a clear route to the privatisation of health services in Wirral
• We were the first party to expose the outrageous tactics employed by Wirral’s infamous litter police Kingdom Securities
• We have led the campaign against the hated Hoylake Golf Resort and voted consistently to preserve Wirral’s green belt
To achieve even more Green Wins we need your help. The Green Party relies almost entirely on individual donations from people like you.
This year we need to raise £2,000 to help make sure that Steve and Chris get elected. This will pay for leaflets, newsletters and other materials to get the Green Party's message out to voters.
Every penny that we raise makes a difference. For example:
+ £20 pays for 500 'Vote Green' window posters
+ £50 pays for 2,500 'Pledge Cards' telling voters about our key policies
+ £100 pays for 1,000 full colour election leaflets
+ £250 pays for a Greenview Newsletter to go to all 14,000 houses in Birkenhead and Tranmere and Prenton.
Donate now and you can wake up on the 3rd of May knowing that you helped to elect two fantastic local councillors.
By making a donation you confirm that you are eligible to make political donations in the UK, and that this donation is not made for or on behalf of any other person.
All donations received are subject to the regulations of the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000.
IMPORTANT : All levels of donation are gratefully received, but please note that under Electoral Regulations we can only accept donations of £50 and over if you are currently on the UK electoral register. We then need to check your eligibility and provide your information to the Electoral Commission, which may publish donors' details.
IF DONATING AT OR ABOVE THIS LEVEL, PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH YOUR NAME AND FULL ADDRESS EITHER USING THE ON-SCREEN PLEDGE £50 BUTTON OR BY EMAILING TO:
Published and promoted by Alix Cockcroft on behalf of Wirral Green Party and its candidates, all c/o Wirral Green Party, 3 Lingdale Road, CH48 5DG. Hosted by Crowdfunder.