I'm a proud NHS worker standing to be the next MP for Motherwell and Wishaw.
I was born and bred in Bellshill, a town like Motherwell and Wishaw that had its fair share of struggles. I've lived in Wishaw all my adult life and I am proud to have brought up my two children here.
I can see the issues within our communities and I can see that there is a need for radical change to improve the lives of the people of Motherwell and Wishaw.
Motherwell and Wishaw is a working class town. The working class should be represented in parliament by the working class.
With a decade of Tory austerity and a rise in low pay, zero hour contracts, high rents, social housing waiting lists and foodbank use; whilst hundreds are struggling on Universal Credit, something has to change. It doesn’t have to be like this, we deserve better.
Only Labour will take the radical action required to finally end the cuts and properly invest in the vital public services we all rely on. By donating you will help the local party pay for leaflets and other campaign materials that will allow us to get our message out to as many people as possible.
Only Labour will stand up for the many who struggle day in and day out. Let’s get rid of the Tories and support me in turning Motherwell and Wishaw RED.
Donations to a political party are regulated by the Political Parties Elections and Referendums Act 2000. By making a donation to this campaign, you are accepting the following terms and conditions:
- I am donating to the Motherwell and Wishaw Constituency Labour Party.
- If I donate more than £500, checks will be made to ensure my name is listed on the UK electoral register (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
- If I donate more than £1,500 to a Constituency Labour Party or more than £7,500 to the national Labour Party in a calendar year, my name and the amount of the donation will be published on the Electoral Commission's website, although my home address will not be made public.
- I must use my own funds to make a donation to the Labour Party.
- Donations are not tax-deductible.
Promoted by Peter McDade on behalf of Motherwell and Wishaw Labour Party at 105 Marshall Street, Wishaw ML2 7NR