After just 2 short months since launching @editorialblk on Instagram, we have seen the need for more representation in the beauty community of black content creators.
We’ve worked with over 120 creators to bring you weekly collaborations, posted 125 images on our feed and grown a community of nearly 10 thousand followers in that space of time.
As it stands, EditorialBLK builds relationships between black artists and brands as well as offering advice to creatives that have any questions or concerns on any brand collaborations they have. We aim to create a community where we can offer projects sponsored by brands and funders to help build skills and allow black artists to fulfil a concept or project they may have.
We’re looking to raise £35,000 to continue to support our community by:
- Hiring a Social Media Manager to look after our social media page and upcoming website.
- Hiring a Project Coordinator to build a relationship with brands and platforms that will create paid opportunity and professional experience for black artists.
- Hiring a Graphic Designer to produce necessary assets every month.
- Putting a budget aside to give a small fee to industry professionals who will spend time giving advice to black artists that contact us with questions and support.
- Monthly giveaways of products, tools or vouchers to help support black artists.
- Funding website management and domain.
- Funding software costs for the daily running of EditorialBLK - including professional accounts to host training sessions with the wider community.
The above will create paid jobs for the black community, give artists access to industry professionals to help them develop their skills, experience and CV, providing a support system for black creatives and professionals… but most importantly, creating a safe space for black artists within the beauty community.
With the recent changes in the world and more people working from home, we are able to offer this support system globally. This is a fantastic opportunity to create a strong digital community of black creatives and professionals all over the world.
Please donate if you can. Every little helps and we appreciate it so much. If you can’t donate, please be sure to share with anyone and everyone that you think would love to support us.
Once again, thank you and we look forward to everything we will achieve on this platform and how it will really benefit the black creative beauty community.