It all started with Blue Planet 2
We’ve always loved a David Attenborough documentary, but we had no idea Blue Planet 2 would change our lives. It may sound corny, but it’s true! We were horrified to see the effects of plastic on marine life.
It’s overwhelming to think that…
- the average person living in North America or Western Europe consumes 100 kilograms of plastic annually (source: Worldwatch).
- the equivalent of a lorry-load of plastic enters our oceans every minute (source: Greenpeace).
- there are now at least 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic distributed across the ocean (source: National Geographic).
- millions of marine animals, including seabirds, whales, turtles, seals, and dolphins die as a result of our plastic pollution (source: Science Direct).
Shorebox: a plastic-free subscription box & shop
As consumers, we need to be the ones to make change. But cutting down on single-use plastic can feel overwhelming, as it’s everywhere! So we created ‘Shorebox’ - a subscription box that introduces you to plastic-free products. Subscribers receive four zero-waste items each month, including toiletries, kitchen and cleaning, travel, treats and more.
The environment is at the heart of everything we do
- Zero-waste: every product, including its packaging, is either biodegradable or recyclable.
- Cruelty-free: we never include a product from a brand which conducts animal testing.
- Vegan-friendly: every product is vegan friendly, or there’ll be a vegan alternative.
- Carbon-neutral delivery: we plant trees to offset delivery emissions.
How would we use your donation?
We're offering the chance to win a bundle of eco-friendly goodies that's worth £300 (UK only)! All you need to do is donate £5.
We're aiming to raise £5000 to help support our next chapter. Your donation will help us cover the expensive costs of a new start-up business!
Thank you for taking the time to look at our project. Your support means the world!
Charlie & James