Draycott Ladies FC, are a relatively newly formed team and are running in a self sufficient manner, raising funds to ensure that local females of all abilities and experience can play football and get fitter, all in a safe and social environment and our training is just a gentle warm up and kickabout, so fun for all standards of females in the locality.
All this is done under the supervision of a licenced and experienced FA football coach with complete safeguards in place!!
What we are also looking for is a finder who would be interested in sponsoring the team via the purchase of a team minibus and playing kit, as well as improving our changing facilities to help the logistics of playing, training and travelling all over Somerset.
This would be of benefit as it
- Gives the ladies a way of travelling to games and team bonding opportunities
- Gives fitness and health opportunities for females of all ages and abilities
Through efforts by some key individuals we are a team that already has
· Our own sponsors and kit
· Our own website, and social media pages
· A squad (mainly based on local girls from the mid Somerset catchment area) who are training with us on a weekly basis
· Our own bank account
· Affiliation with out County FA, and insurance in place etc.
· Our own home ground
· A local hostelry, for post match drinks AND food, in place
· A FA level 2 licenced coach (currently undertaking the UEFA B) who also has Youth modules 1&2
· A constitution and committee in place
We applied and joined the Somerset Women’s Football League in season 2018/19.
THE SQUAD/TEAM IS:
- A team that has fun first, but tries to win where possible (although winning is more fun than losing!!)
- A team where success is judged on commitment rather than league position (i.e. a full squad who turn up every week and also stay after a game for food/drink at the Strawb)
- A team with its own kit, ground, water bottles, tracksuits, an online shop, footballs, post match food, press reports, facebook page, Twitter page, website, licenced qualified coach, insurance, affiliation and much more .......
- Fundraising quizzes and social activities planned
- Giving ladies who don’t want to play football, a safe, socially fun environment to learn football and get fitter
IT IS NOT
- Taking itself too seriously or something that takes over your life
- Going to get as many messages (phone beeps!!) once it’s “up and running”
- Going to cost you anything to train or play!
Therefore we do not, nor will not, demand that players turn up for training, or matches, if people have other things on; BUT I commit to make training fun where possible)!!
Our games are mixed in standard, allowing all to participate, so truly FOOTBALL FOR ALL (FEMALES!)