The Digital Access Fund provides a one-off, £15 top up of Pay-As-You-Go data to support young people in isolation.
ThickSkin is committed to supporting young people through education, training and employment in the arts. During the current Covid-19 emergency we know that socially disadvantaged young people are at highest risk of isolation, detached from their friendship networks and regular community or support groups. At a time when many charities and arts organisations are moving their work online, we want to help make sure that young people without access to broadband internet at home are not cut off from social and creative interactions, which are so important to their wellbeing, education and future prospects.
ThickSkin plans to respond through the Digital Access Fund, by providing data top-ups, to young people who have been adversely affected by this crisis and have an interest in the arts.
Here’s the plan:
- The Digital Access Fund will provide data top-ups for young people who may not have access to broadband internet at home. This is a one-off, £15 top up of pay-as-you-go data, on their preferred network.
- We will work with local arts organisations, charities and schools across the UK to reach these young people.
- We will co-ordinate the distribution of the funds by responding to referrals received from partners/schools.
- We will provide a range of optional creative engagement opportunities that they can participate in online.
- We will also sign-post these young people to services from other partners across arts, social and wellbeing.
The Digital Access Fund helps to reduce barriers for young people to engage online.
Please help us reach as many young people as possible by donating to our cause. The full value of your donation will go towards a data top up for a young person in isolation, in the UK.
Any gift aid secured will be used towards the administrative costs of delivering this scheme and future creative projects to benefit young people.