In association with Belgrade Theatre in Coventry, OperaUpClose is producing a new English version of Puccini’s Madam Butterfly.
One of the best-loved operas of all time, Madam Butterfly’s glorious music and tragic story have enchanted audiences for more than a century. This ground-breaking reimagining of Puccini’s masterpiece will be told from a female, East-Asian perspective, performed by a diverse-led cast of talented singers and musicians.
You can help make this opera possible by donating a note, chord, melody, aria, scene, or act of our new version of Madam Butterfly.
You will be sent a PDF with your note/chord/melody/aria/scene/act - the perfect gift for yourself, a loved one, and the opera community!*
- Note – £2: your note sent to you
- Chord – £10: your chord sent to you with an official certificate of thanks
- Melody – £60: your melody sent to you along with a recording and an official certificate of thanks
- Aria – £250: your aria sent to you, an official certificate of thanks, and your name in the programme and score
- Scene – £500: your scene sent to you, an official certificate of thanks, your name in the programme and score and an invite to a behind-the-scenes sharing of our work so far on Madam Butterfly in October
- Act – £1000: all of the above + lunch with the director of Madam Butterfly and two tickets to a performance of Madam Butterfly of your choice
*The copyright of the libretto and orchestration remain the property of the librettist, the composer, and OperaUpClose