Connect 2 Employment has been supporting the community of Nottingham and the rest of the East Midlands since July 2015.
Over the past 5 years we have helped over 1000 people per year to access various types of funded training including: Construction, Security, FLT, Rail, Beauty, Admin, Childcare, Health and Social Care, Functional Skills IT and many more.
Unfortunately we have never held our own direct contracts to draw down the government funding to pay for these courses, so despite being the point of contact for learners, Job Centres, Housing Associations, Probation Services etc we only receive around 5% of the funding drawn down per learner.
This has prevented us from being able to grow the services that we offer to the communities we work with.
We are now working with a bid writer that is helping us put together funding applications to support us to secure these contracts, however this means that we are required to have a certain amount of funding available to launch the projects if we are successful.
Usually our courses run from community centres and we are charged £500 per week/per course for the use of one room . We would like to secure a building on Canal Street to run all of our funded courses from and where we can base our employment support coaches from. The annual cost of the building with rates and utilities is £40,000. This is what we are seeking support to raise the funds for.
Our centre will:
- Provide a range of fully funded training courses for adults wanting to gain new skills
- Allow the employers we work in partnership with to use our offices for interviews and inductions
- Free employment support/cv writing services
- Drop in internet usage for those without access to computers
- Support sourcing Apprenticeships and Job opportunities via our employer links
- Training for 13-16 year olds in web development and coding to support them to obtain employment in the future
- Free workshops for those wanting to go self-employed
We want to support Nottingham to prosper and to no longer be considered as one of the UK's disadvantaged communities!
Even a £5 donation can help us to achieve this goal! We thank you for your support!
This is the building we are hoping to secure the funding for, its right near the train station in Nottingham. We will be running free SIA, CSCS, Health and Social Care. Hospitality. IT and Functional Skills courses as soon as we secure the building! We have employers that will be coming in to talk to our learners about opportunities and to interview! This would be such an excellent resource for the whole of Nottingham