Our Pottery Workshops allow you to meet like-minded people to start your pottery journey together!
Together we can build a community support fund to enable those who may be vulnerable or disadvantaged to join our Pottery Community Workshops!
With this support fund we plan to cover 100% of all workshop costs for the disadvantaged and vulnerable groups so they too can join our Pottery Community.
Money will go towards:
- Tool kits (one per person)
- Face shields (one per person)
- Workshop running costs
& if we make target (and more!)
- Raku kiln!
- Pottery wheels!
Art Space G41 is where crafts, creativity & well-being come together.
Our space connects the community through creative workshops, classes, events and seminars.
Our crafts include pottery, painting, drawing, jewellery making, sewing, furniture up-cycling, kids crafts & paper crafts to name just a few.
Our well-being services include yoga, Tai Chi and meditation.
We are a Scottish Community Interest Company (CIC) based in the heart of Glasgow's Southside - Shawlands.
Being a CIC means we put our community first – Art Space G41 is ran by the community for the community.
EVERYONE is the answer!
We wish to include everyone from all walks of life to our Pottery community and workshops. But for many individuals and families in Glasgow joining such communities may seem daunting and they may not have the financial means to do so.
Our Aviva Crowdfunder is specifically aimed to help isolated, vulnerable, disadvantaged and fragile communities in the Glasgow & surrounding area to come together with all other communities to create one Pottery Community.
We want to connect people from all kinds of background together to tackle disadvantage segregation
'Deprived' does not just mean 'poor' or 'low income'. It can also mean people have fewer resources and opportunities:
- Access to services
Here are examples of disadvantaged and vulnerable communities we are putting at our forefront to help
So how can we create Community Pottery for EVERYONE?
Ok - so we cannot fit EVERYONE into our Art Space studio (not all at once anyway!!) so we will create a selection of Community Pottery Project Workshops.
To ensure EVERYONE is included we are creating a voucher scheme for the workshops.
- Those individuals / families who are considered under our Vulnerable / disadvantaged group will be issued with a voucher for a 3 week pottery workshop.
- Those who are not from the vulnerable / disadvantaged group can purchase a voucher.
The most important part:
- no matter what your background may be or your current situation is, EVERYONE can join our Community and they can decide which Pottery Project Workshop to attend that suits them!
It is all about removing the divide, stopping the segregations and welcoming all walks of life together with one common interest and goal - making pottery and having fun!
We want to make our workshops as fun and diverse as our community!
Through our Pottery Community Group we have already got a whole list of ideas and we will continue to come up with more!
We want to create different workshop projects so we can ensure that we tailor our workshops to meet the needs of all our community.
Included in all of our workshops is the following:
- Firings x2
- Tools (each participant will get their own to avoid cross contamination)
- Face shield
- Storage for your work over the 3 weeks
- Full instruction and guidance
- Tea / coffee / cakes
- Leaflets will be available for further advice / guidance and counsel for vulnerable and disadvantaged people.
- Your final ceramic pieces to take home to treasure forever!
What you need to bring
- Wear old clothes (although clay and glaze does wash out)
- Face mask (to use between your table and the sink)
- Passion for having Fun!
- Pottery Workshop assistant
- Delivering and collecting clay/pottery from home potters
- Sales assistant at our store
- Creating clay packs
- Help with our social media channels
- Painting and decorating the Art Space G41 to make is a happy place.
- And More!
- Join our Community Pottery with a financial contribution.
- We rely on those with a more disposable income to help cover the costs of those who cannot afford to.
- Together we can build a community support fund to enable those who may be vulnerable or disadvantaged to join our Pottery Community Workshops!
- See our amazing rewards scheme for your very much valued contributions.
- Without your help our project is not possible
Join our Community Pottery Facebook group
- Share workshop ideas
- Discuss your projects
- Keep up to date with upcoming workshops
- Share photos
- Encourage others
Vulnerable People & Learning Difficulties
Teachers and volunteers working with children and/or vulnerable adults will be subject to a PVG Disclosure Scotland Record to ensure safe guarding.
Art Space G41 actively invites individuals and groups suffering from mental health issues. Art Therapy is a recognised form of psychotherapy using art media as a way to express and communicate. This can be extremely effective for people suffering from depression, anxiety, PTSD, autism, dementia plus many more.
Covid – 19 Compliance
We have up-dated our health and safety policy to be Covid-19 compliant. Please contact Art Space G41 for further details. Please note: we will be posting a video and guidelines in the near future with regards to this.
Zero Tolerance Policy for Discrimination
Art Space G41 proudly welcomes everyone to join our community regardless of gender, race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities.