Why we need a Van?
Our van that was used daily, as a major part of our charity, was involved in an accident recently. Without this valuable vehicle we are struggling to collect our regular donations of food from local organisations and supermarkets that enable us to feed and clothe over 150 vulnerable people in our local communities.
|OPEN DOOR aims to|
|⚬||Welcome everybody into a safe and non-judgemental environment|
|⚬||Offer the hand of friendship to all who come through the door|
|⚬||Work alongside other organisations so we can help signpost those who need further support and advice|
|⚬||Serve drinks, a hot breakfast and hand out food parcels|
|⚬||Offer hope and help people grow in all they have to contribute|
|⚬||Encourage everyone to develop the gifts they have to share|
What our new Van will do?
- Collect regular donations from those who support us. We are fortunate to receive food that would otherwise go to waste from chain organisations, such as; Sainsbury's, Marks & Spencer's, Greggs and Morrison's.
- Collecting donations of furniture and clothes.
- Deliver essential living items, including food, baby products, furniture and clothes, to help families in need and also people who are resettling into our communities.
- Enable us to fundraise and raise awareness by attending community events.
- Support other organisations working alongside us.
- Transports cooking supplies, food and food parcels to our twice weekly drop ins that provide warmth, food and company to all who attend. These drop ins wouldn't be able to run without these essential items and would limit the help and signposting we can provide. At the drop ins we are also able to encourage volunteers, building confidence and community engagement.