SAVE THE DATE: Friday 4 October - Sunday 6 October 2019
What is Coach Europe 2019?
The very first Coach Europe will be held in Edinburgh, Scotland in October. It will be three days of sharing and development for parkour coaches and parkour community members from all over the continent and beyond. It's an opportunity to test and help shape new ideas in a nurturing environment, and to be immersed in and learn with your host community.
Who should attend?
We are looking for open, enthusiastic, community-minded participants! Any European based parkour coaches, or interested parkour community members, are welcome. All we ask is that whether running a workshop of your own, or attending someone else's, you contribute to the best of your ability and learn from each other.
If you purchase a Full Weekend Coach ticket, we will be in touch closer to the time to see if you would like to get any experience assisting with sessions on the Saturday and/or run some of your own workshops on the Sunday afternoon.
How much will it cost?
Bookings are being taken through this crowdfunder, with prices as below:
Full three day ticket for coaches (Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday): £70
Sun morning Workshop + lunch for non-coaching community members: £30
If you are interested in contributing to Coach Europe 2019 but are struggling financially, please get in touch here, or through the Parkour Outreach CIC facebook page.
What do I get?
The full schedule will be revealed in due course, but for now, you can look forward to:
For community members:
- Exposure to new training styles: Taking part in specialised workshops from coaches you would never normally get the opportunity to learn from
- Providing vital feedback: Sharing your thoughts on different coaching methods and mindsets
- Networking: Group lunch with the opportunity to connect with different coaches and discuss community projects and ideas
- Exploring Edinburgh: a guided jam of Edinburgh’s best outdoor spots
For coaches, all of the above plus
- Coaching Development: Opportunities to shadow some of Scotland’s best parkour coaches; discussions of coaching method and skills with others; and taking part in specialised workshops, as well as shorter experimental sessions.
- Indoor training: Take part in Access Parkour's annual Family Fun Day and evening indoor jam
- Additional networking: Friendly opportunity to share your projects with others and learn about their projects too!
Who are Parkour Outreach?
We're a registered Community Interest Company, a not-for-profit organisation supporting parkour communities in Scotland and beyond. We use our combined 30+ years of parkour and non-parkour experience to help bring the ideas of parkour communities and parkour community members to life. For more about us, check out our facebook page: www.facebook.com/parkouroutreach.
Our lead sponsor for the first Coach Europe is Access Parkour, who have donated money and venue space. Go check out their services and give them some love on social media.