Clare's Beautiful Nails Home Salon
Hello everyone, I’m Clare from Clare’s Beautiful Nails here in Leeds West Yorkshire UK. I am here as part of the Crowdfunder, Natwest Business #Bringit2020 #BackHerBusiness competition. My aim to now start my nail business as I had not had chance to do back in 2014.
There are a few aims I want to eventually achieve, but have to start small.
My most important question will you support me to get it to where I need it to be?
This is my little home salon - it was in process. Putting finishing touches on where needed.
My aims to make this successful:
- rebuild my client base
- build a great reputation for myself
- be fully booked with clients every day – except Sunday maybe
- to have the right equipment, furniture and products to enable the day to day of the salon.
- Continuing to train to improve my knowledge and skills as a nail tech and be that nail educator i dream of becoming.
Now ready.... But this is now on hold because of COVID-19 (Corona virus).
I will continue to practice on my nail trainers and hope one day my dreams will come true.
Eventually when the time is right working to find the ideal location and building to enable the start the next step. But this won't be for a while.
I have always dreamt of having my very own salon since becoming a nail technician.
Where this will eventually be that's the big question❓
Having a place to build, create and own my own perfect nail salon.
- With plenty of space to expand and grow, not just the essential areas (my office, breakout/lounge tearoom and so on), extra space for;
- A nail desk or two, space for a beauty, therapy room (maybe an aesthetics room) to rent.
- A pedicure area – that is specifically designed for me in mind.
- An area perfect for photographic work.
Hopefully eventually one day growing further and becoming an educator... But this will come with time... You cannot rush this.
Who I am and how I started.
I am a fully qualified and insured to a City & Guilds NVQ level 3 standard nail technician and have only just managed to continue to train as and when (I’ll tell you later why) to keep my skills to a high standard. With more to learn.
Nails is also my therapy and it's not only therapeutic for myself it relaxes the client also. Doing nails is helping to restore my confidence that was dented some years ago. And prove albeit different that it’s giving me that oomph to keep on going!
How “my nail journey began.
Which was way back when i was little. I would visit my Aunt, on weekends doing her nails, hair and makeup. When one day she said this would be my profession. This did not happen though until i was almost 40…. I realised as soon as training began that i shouldn’t have waited so long to start my nail career.
Early training and practising 2013/14
I practised so much to improve my skills as a nail tech, whilst trying to build a client base. That i lost no sooner than i started…. I’d diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, spinal and joint Osteoarthritis and Hypermobility and was put on a lot of medication which I’m still on. For many years I’ve struggled to cope daily and all the years I’d worked nonstop (NHS/CS) i was no longer the mum, Wife, chief dog walker to not capable of anything except staring at four walls and a ceiling which wasn’t healthy…This didn’t help me mentally or physically and has taken its toll on me.
Nails it's not just a passion, there is so much to learn and it never stops.
Just some of my recent 2019/20 nail work. Just some of
And yes, I want to improve my self-worth, mental well-being including trying to find ways to make it better for me to work as a technicians and other nail technicians too.
I have trained with;
- the fabulous Hazel Dixon and Fereida Lydiate from Hazel Dixon’s Training Academy
- Paulina Zdrada from Crystal Nails in Leeds
- Alexa Kisgyori from Alexa Pro Nail Art Systems.
- Nail Safari training at Shepreth Wildlife Park (2019) - brainchild of Alex Fox Editor-in-Chief of Scratch Magazine. I was with other like-minded nail technicians and educators who were hungry to learn like myself. But there were some amazing educators (my idols) on hand, giving us new inspiration and so much more to help us grow. As well as connecting and making new friends and creating a new nail family along the way!
- Annual event training with Sam Biddle (2019)
We need to find more ways to make our industry as therapeutic, exciting (amongst other things) and as fun as it is meant to be….
There is so much more to my dream. But let's do one at a time to help this grow.
Thank you for your support, this is so appreciated. x :-)
Love & Respect you all xxx