Trouble At The Zoo is the second children's book in The Adventures of Brunhilfer and Brunfin series of self-published children's books by The Brun Bear Foundation.
All money raised from the pre-sales of the book, which will be available early summer, will go towards funding essential personal protective equipment (PPE) for local health heroes on the front line in hospitals and care homes throughout Lewisham and Bromley.
This includes £410 raised through a crowdfunder held at the end of last year in support of this book.
About Trouble at The Zoo...
Through beautiful illustration and subtle humour, the books aim to promote the very universal values of community, inclusiveness and being true to yourself. Now, in the spirit of the new story, the NHS Heroes partnership campaign will bolster efforts against the fight against COVID-19.
The partnership comes as the coronavirus crisis deepens and many of our NHS frontline staff continue to report a lack of PPE, with some claiming that they need to re-use their equipment, putting themselves and the people they care for at risk.
Edwin Lampert, Brun Bear Foundation Founder and the book’s author said:
“The Brun Bear Foundation is proud to be supporting the NHS Heroes campaign, which is very much in the spirit of our work. We know that during this time, we are all focused on doing what we can to help our community and we’re happy that the book can help give back.
The story of Trouble at the Zoo explores many of the themes that we’re facing as a global community and reading is, of course, another activity that can keep families entertained and together during these tough times.”
The Brun Bear Foundation aims to build better futures through the power of community and provides grants and funding for three main areas; local community projects, medical research and animal welfare. All sales of The Adventures of Brunhilfer and Brunfin books go towards causes within these three pillars.
Since its inception in 2015, The Brun Bear Foundation has supported causes throughout Bromley and Lewisham, including the Simon Shades Scholarship, which gives a grant towards the higher education requirements of a student within the local area. Last year’s grant was awarded to local student, Jakob Sakil, and this year’s is now open for applications here.
Please support our the campaign by pre-ordering your copy of Trouble at the Zoo today!
Aboout The Brun Bear Foundation
The Brun Bear Foundation was established in 2015 by Edwin Lampert in memory of his father.
Projects we have been able to support include:
- Research into better and kinder treatments for children with Leukaemia
- Funding for a Community Fit Bus
- More than 8,000 Wellbeing Wallets for expectant mothers at Lewisham Hospital and Princess Royal.
- Provision of food and medical supplies for bears as well as CCTV at a sanctuary that keeps the bears in and the poachers out
- The founding and financing of The Simon Shades Scholarship Programme for young people moving in to higher and further education.
- Theatre experiences for every child under five in Lewisham
- An incubator for a hospital in Uganda.
How else can I help?
Thank you : )
- Share the link to this page on your social media platforms.
- Ask your friends and family to do the same!
- Share with your organisation
- Help us go viral on social media! If you know of anyone with their own powerful platform and social media following please let them know about us
- Help us distribute the book locally
- Let us know if you or someone you know runs a shop that would like to sell some copies for us?
- Contact us directly via email - email@example.com