Build Back Better with Social and local businesses in Hampshire, IOW and Dorset
The Covid 19 Pandemic, has caused a huge disruption to the development of the Social Enterprise sector and our part in providing business infrastructure to bring about the growth of this sector. We know Social, Cooperative, Employee owned, Community Business and trading charities and other Social Enterprises will provide an essential role in Building Back Better in local economies, creating stronger, greener, more equitable and more socially responsible business. Businesses that are for people and planet. Crowdfunderand the Solent LEP are offering some help to do this.
Social Enterprise Link had created an exciting programme of events, activities and service developments for 2020-21, but these have had to be delayed. We will now start rolling them out in the Autumn. These will be held both digitally and in traditional venues. For venue based activities social distancing requirements are likely to significantly restrict the numbers, so the cost per person will be more than we had planned and currently, we have no other income to subsidise these events. We are looking to Government, LEP’s, Local Authorities and Charitable trusts, the Lottery etc. to support Social Enterprise Infrastructure but as yet, no funding has been made available apart from the subsidy Buy Forward offers.
Mutual Recovery and Mutual Aid
To help us put on these events, we would like you to to buy £25 SEL vouchers towards the cost of any of the activities and services we will offer. Please buy as many or as few as you think you might use use. They will be valid for use with Social Enterprise Link for two years. This will help us and help you for our mutual benefit.
The activities, events and services you can Buy Forward include;
- Meet the Commissioners and Procurement teams events with refreshments and question time (planned entry £25 each)
- Re-structuring your business for sustainability after lock-down. A half day introductory course (planned cost £25 per person)
- Local Entrepreneur and Education Forum events (LEEF). A series of 2 hour networking and training events, at various times to be held in Portsmouth, Southampton and Bournemouth with refreshments (£25 per person for two events – Students will be free)
- Pop-up MarketPlace stall holder. Planned for Southampton, Bournemouth and Portsmouth (£25 per day - £100 for 5 days)
- On-line marketplace stall holder. A one page - marketing space on CIC the Market, the soon to be launched On-Line Social Enterprise Marketplace (£50 for a year)
Please help us to help you, and buy SEL vouchers that you can use to attend events and buy services when the lock-down has been lifted.
To Build Back Better, please buy into the growing movement of buying local and buying social, which is the way of driving a sustainable recovery, creating employment, providing skills training and minimising the risk of future economic, social and environmental shocks.