What’s the project all about?
Its been a long time coming but finally Burger Theory will be opening the doors to our first restaurant in August this year! We want to build a beautiful restaurant to serve our tasty burgers to our amazing customers! Here’s the deal; we need some help getting the place started so make a pledge and get your hands on one of our awesome rewards!!!
We’ve got big dreams!
Through the medium of burgers, we want to bring happiness to the good people of Bristol. We want to create burger paradise right here in our home town where people can come for their moment of unrivalled burger bliss. We aim to create a restaurant that is worthy of our customers and as creative as our burgers. In the heart of Bristol we have secured the lease on an awesome building, there is space to seat 110 hungry diners.
Here is what we will be serving up...
- All of our classic burgers
- Great local beers
- A food and drink pairing experience
- Dirty fries
- Epic cheese cakes.
- Fresh juices
- Really awsome friendly service
We plan to hold events at the restaurant including collaboration evenings with the likes of The Bristol cheese monger, Otomi Mexican food and Tequila importers, Bristol breweries and top Bristol chefs. Monthly we will hold the Bottomless Burger Club where you can gorge yourself on unlimited sliders, fried chicken, fries, beer and bucks fizz!
Not all burgers are created equal…
For those that have tasted our burgers you will know that we have a unique approach to creative burger cuisine. We take inspiration from around the globe to bring something creative and surprising to the plate.
Whether you like a crispy Korean fried chicken burger, classic veggie cheese burger or pulled beef in chocolate mole sauce there is something on the menu that will make you go YUM!
As well as creative flare we have a source it local ethos.
- Our beef comes from award winning butchers Walter Rose and Son who work with farmer Tim on Stokes Marsh Farm to provide a well reared and aged product. We believe that knowing where our beef is coming from is the only way of being sure that our product is the best possible and tastes great.
- We use John sheppard for red tractor farm assured chicken and bacon.
- Our bread comes from local baker Dariusz and his bakery Proper Bread. We think Dariusz has got the burger bun nailed and we hope you agree.
- Ashton Farms supply us with local cheeses, an essential on any burger menu. Arthur David supply our veg daily with produce coming from English growers whenever in season. We use Pronto pack for our compostable packaging.
- To compliment our fantastic food we will be working with local brewers, Moor Beer to provide craft beer to match our food.
You scratch our back we fill your belly!
We don’t expect something for nothing so have come up with some great rewards for those that contribute to the cause. You can get anything from a burger, fries and a drink vouchers, invites to the launch party, tickets to the Bottomless burger club or the opportunity to design your own burger with the help of chefs Nick and Rory and for it to feature on the menu!
Anyone who contributes more than £30 will get thier name on The Wall of Pledge! A special place reseved to that by name all the peole that have helped to make our burger restaurant dreams become realty.
Also please get involved with our events. The events will be a big deal at the restaurant with very exclusive evenings being a regular thing. We look forward to teaming up with local producers to bring you evenings of posh nosh in a bun, taster menus as well as paired drinks. Have a look at the rewards to get your hands on tickets to these exclusive events.
We can not wait to bring you this amazing restaurant, we hope you are as excited as us!
What will we do with all that dosh?
- Help fund the purchase of our new restaurant (37-38 St Stevens street, bristol)
- Kit out the kitchen with a new griddle, fryers and extraction fans.
- Make the place even more beautiful for all of our awesome customers (re-decorate, put a new floor in, put some art on the walls and buy some fancy lights).
- Buy new tables and comfy chairs for 100 people!
- Put new beer taps in to serve up some refreshing local craft beers.
- Put a sign above the door to let everyone know that Burger Theory has landed!
Who are we and what has Burger Theory been up to?
Founder and chef Rory Perriment first started Burger Theory as a street food stall in 2012. Rory had just returned from travelling Europe, Australasia and Asia where he had been unwittingly conducting research for the Burger Theory menu. After eating the perfect burger at the notorious New Zealand burger bar, Furg Burger and with experience working in Asian kitchens, an Australian bistro and doing private catering he had gained some invaluable experience to get into the burger biz. Back in 2012 the dream was to provide an antidote for the poor quality and unimaginative burgers that were on the market at the time. After many experiments in the kitchen and at home the theory took to the streets and people really seemed to like it.
In 2013 the Rory was joined by Oliver Thorogood who with his passion for cooking and festivals helped spur the company on to success on the festival circuit. Oliver, educated at Colchester Culinary Arts College and with experience cooking globally has captained the festival crew and helped to steer us towards ongoing success on the festival circuit. We have traded at the likes of the Secret Garden Party, Love saves the day and Latitude!
In 2016 Burger Theory was asked to take over the kitchen at Kongs Bar on King Street, Bristol. An alliance was born. Since then we have seen thousands of customers in Bristol eat with us in Kongs Bristol, Kongs Cardiff and The Golden Lion too. We take great pleasure in seeing all of our customers leave with full bellies and smiling faces. At Kongs Nick Makin joined the team as head chef and impressed us so much with his creative flair that we asked him to join us in our mission to bring the most creative burgers to the world and made him a director in our new project.
Over the years we have progressed from being a street food stall to trading at some of the UKs largest music festivals and being one of Bristol’s best know pop-up restaurants. The next chapter in our story is to open an awesome restaurant to show off our wares and treat our customers to the best burger experience in town.