The Literacy Library - One Year On!
We almost cannot believe that it has been a whole year since we opened the doors to our Literacy Library for the first time! The reaction we've had, from new guests and old, continues to be wonderful and has allowed us to keep doing the important job of championing children's literacy in the UK.
We thought we would share with you some statistics from the last year, so our supporters can see what we've been up to:
- 2550 people have visited our Centre and Library (up by nearly 1000 since 2017/18)
- We have given 15752 books to schools (a significant increase year on year)
- We have worked with 90 Authors, Illustrators and Poets (that's DOUBLE the number we worked with in 2016/17)
- We have run 39 one day, two day or four day training courses for teachers
- We have held 5 Conferences, 15 evening events (including a wedding!) and 5 book launches
- We've been able to give work experience for five young people through the year
- The building has been used by countless teachers and schools as well as: Fisher Family Trust, Coram Beanstalk, BookTrust, CILIP, UKLA, IBBY, Empathy Lab, National Theatre, We Are Waterloo, Branford Boase, Klaus Flugge, Cheltenham Literary Festival, Children’s Poetry Summit, National Writing Day, Little Rebels, Booksellers Association.
- Now we are sharing the space with Drivers Youth Trust and First Story, creating a real literacy hub around the Library.
And of course none of this would be possible without you, our incredible supporters! Thank you once again for all the immense kindness and goodwill you have continued to show us over the last 12 months.
The CLPE Team
There are no comments on this update yet.