1- WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER?
I will get to actively participate in the maintenance of vineyards and in the production of our award-winning wine. During the course, I’ll cover all aspects of wine production and related biological sciences, including practical vine growing and winemaking, viticulture and oenology theory, wine sensory evaluation and wine analysis. In the final stage of the degree, I will also get to carry out an independent research project.
In order to develop my winemaking skills and gain a deeper understanding of the factors that affect the quality of wine production, I’ll get to select a placement in a commercial winery for the vintage period in my final year of study. This could take place in Italy, Europe or further afield.
The degree programme seeks to prepare graduates for work in the wine sector, with the specific technological and processing skills required to meet current market needs. In particular, the training covers both the grape-growing segment (vineyard management, cultivation and agronomic techniques, protection and harvesting) and the transformation process (fermentation, analytical and microbiological testing, storage, ageing and packaging). The degree programme also seeks to provide the market knowledge needed to adapt production to consumer requirements.
ADMISSION TYPOLOGY: Restricted access
UNIVERSITY FEES: £20000 (3 years)
Academic year: 2019/2020
2- Starting a Commercial Wine Grape Vineyard & Winery in Italy
Already have my own land in Cusano Mutri, a small village in the province of Benevento, where no vineyard have been planted yet.
Average Fees: £150000/200000 all incl.
How much time do I need?
- Get my BSc in Viticulture and Oenology (3 years)
• Planning, ordering vines, vineyard establishment and development until mature yields are obtained. (at least 5 years!)
• At least another year is required to produce the first vintage, and perhaps 2 to 3 years to get the marketing plan into full swing.
• I'm likely to have at least 4 years of negative net income for the winery.
• So if I start with a vineyard, it takes a minimum of 10 years to get into a positive net income position if I'm marketing only the wine that I produce from my own grapes.
I have started this Crowd Funder to ask you help and support to fundraise for the £150000.
This amount will help me to complete my uni studies and grow my own vineyard in a wonderful land. :)
For more info, feel free to contact me at the following email address: