Bromsgrove swimming club was set up in 1966 by a group of volunteers. We are a small, friendly and inclusive club, dedicated to promoting swimming across all age ranges and abilities and inspiring our swimmers to meet their personal objectives and be the best that they can be.
Our club is not only a place where swimmers can share their passion and develop their aquatic skills; it’s a sporting community where lifelong friendships are formed and valuable, transferable skills are developed.
We are not just about competitions. We are truly there for all our swimmers and will support them in any way we can to get the most out of their time at the club and develop personally.
We actively support our young people who want to take part in the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme by helping them to complete their volunteering (or physical) element at the club. We also encourage swimmers to take part in the Swim England West Midlands Young Volunteer Programme and we provide mentoring and guidance through the whole process.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and do not receive any council grants etc. All income we generate goes towards our costs such as coaching fees and pool hire.
During the COVID lockdown, we had to cancel our open meet, and could not run any of our usual social and fundraising events, so reducing our income. In addition, we have lost a year of bringing new members into the club, and so our membership has fallen. Reduced membership and reduced capacity in the water due to COVID restrictions mean that we cannot cover all of our costs in the short term if we keep the fees within affordable levels.
We also want to continue being able to grant fee holidays to families who are struggling due to the financial effects of furlough and job loss due to COVID, so trying to ensure that none of our members have to give up the many benefits of swimming.
We want Bromsgrove Swimming Club to continue for the community and to prosper in the future. For that we need funding!
Pre- COVID the club was totally self-sufficient and it is hoped that we will return to this state once normality has returned. Any donations we receive will:
- cover our excess costs during the time it takes us to grow our membership back to a level where we are self-sustaining,
- help us to widen our community reach,
- provide additional training equipment and pool capacity for our members and
- provide further training for our volunteers, who are an integral part of the club
In addition to this campaign we’ve developed a strong local marketing strategy to help us grow our membership base and we have planned a sponsored swim from Bromsgrove to Olympia (the birthplace of the Olympic Games) to take place later in the summer.
We are committed to saving our club for all the current and future members. Read what the club has meant to one of our swimmers, Ellie:
"My swimming journey has been a long and emotional experience. I began swimming and competing with the club at the young age of 8. When I was 13, I began having mental health issues that negatively impacted my work ethic making it more difficult to improve. During this time, I received constant support from many members of the club. I greatly appreciate everything the club has done for me and the club is a great opportunity for any young athletes. It's a sport full of teamwork, character building and pushing yourself to your full potential."
- Please make a donation. There are a range of rewards that are available.
- Keep checking back as more rewards will be added regularly.
- Spread the word about us.
- Although we have more exciting rewards to add, please do get in touch if you have anything you could donate to enhance our abililty to raise funds.
We are asking you - our members and the wider community to help us secure the future of Bromsgrove Swimming Club!
Why not enjoy a weekend away with family or friends or just on your own, we are offering a five bedroom house (sleeps 11) in a stunning costal location in the picturesque village of Strete, just over 4 miles south of Dartmouth.
Relax on one of the local beaches (including Blackpool Sands, one of the UK's top ten beaches), take a boat up the River Dart, dine out in a beautiful fish restaurant, go crabbing... whatever you enjoy, you'll find something here.
Can be booked for a long weekend from Friday to Sunday in between October 2021 and March 2022 subject to availability.
The value of this prize is £2300. It could be yours for a £25 prize draw ticket!
This reward will be withdrawn if a minimum number of 30 tickets are not sold. If that is the case all monies pledged for this reward will be returned. Maximum tickets 60.
Dogs are not permitted at this holiday home.
Pleae see detailed terms and conditions below.
1. By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
2. The prize draw is being run by Bromsgrove Swimming Club (the Club) 34 Greenhill Burcot B60 1BJ.
3. the prize draw is open to anyone over 18, or if under 18 you must have the permission of a parent or guardian.
4. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
5. The prize draw is free to enter.
6. The prize draw opens at 10.00am on 7 June 2021 and closes 10.00am on 5 July 2021. Late entries will not be accepted.
7. To enter the prize draw, complete the form at https://www.bromsgrovesc.co.uk/prize-draw-entry-form
8. The Club will not accept responsibility if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate; or for prize draw entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit.
9. The prizes will be as follows: one singe prize of a luxury weekend break.
10. The winner will be drawn at random.
11. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
12. We reserve the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
13. The decision of The Club regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
14. Winners will be notified after 10 July 2021 by email or phone.
15. The Club will attempt to contact winners by email at least two times. If contact is not made, the Club reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
16. The winner will have 14 days from the date they were notified to claim the prize by emailing [email protected] The prize will only be released following proof of identification.
17. If a winner does not claim their prize within 14 days, they will lose their right to the prize.
18. If the winner cannot be contacted or has not claimed their prize within the required time limit, The Club reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
19. You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used by The Club for the purposes of administering the prize draw.
20. Winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
22. The Club does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for a prize.
23. The Club reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.
24. The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.