Bromley Mencap is an award winning, independent charity in the London Borough of Bromley that provides a wide range of services and activities for disabled people of all ages, their families and carers. We provide everything from a telephone advice service, childcare facilities, respite and short breaks, leisure and school holiday activities and help in finding and sustaining jobs.
We are developing a community hub at The Lodge in Norman Park to offer training and employment opportunities and a range of inclusive activities for disabled people. Our community hub will be run as a social enterprise and offer the following:
- A cafe / kiosk offering snacks, cakes, hot and cold drinks
- A bike recycling project
- A horticultural project providing new opportunities to learn gardening skills
- A showcase for our micro enterprises run by disabled people - card making, photography, cake decoration, dog walking etc.
Bromley Mencap needs to raise capital and revenue funding to support the building work underway to complete this project.
The aims are:
- To provide a community hub offering a range of person centred activities
- To provide training and real employment opportunities for disabled people
- To provide opportunities for individuals to gain qualifications to enhance their independence and life chances
- To incorporate opportunities for disabled people to use the project as a platform to market and sell their skills and services
- To provide volunteering opportunities for people who can support the project
- To provide peer support opportunities between disabled and non disabled people to promote inclusion and diversity
- To work in partnership with different groups, organisations and businesses across Bromley and neighbouring boroughs to develop the project including GPs, Occupational Health, leisure facilities, community groups etc whereby we can support healthy lifestyle programmes
We want to connect with the local community and make this project a success for all involved.
It will be a reward in itself to see this run down, dilapidated building transformed into an amazing community hub to benefit the local community. Your support is extremely important to us and we would be grateful if you could make a pledge to help us make this project a success. In return for your contribution we will give you a reward. The rewards are listed on the right.
If the rewards don't suit you then maybe you could contribute to our project and just take the pleasure and satisfaction that you will be helping make a huge difference to the local community and disabled people in the area.
Please help us by sharing our project to everyone and anyone you know that may be able to support us.
Thank you on behalf of everyone at Bromley Mencap.