Brockley Street Art Festival mission is to bring colour to the streets of Brockley and surrounding neighbourhoods, through creating a showcase of stunning murals by local, national and international artists.
In the last 2 years we have been slowly transforming some underwhelming stretches of road in and around our area with high quality street art, brightening local shutters and walls, through producing world class art for all to enjoy.
To attract the very best artists, we have to commit to covering their costs, this means supplying paint and other materials, covering travel expenses and in some cases accomodation whilst they are visiting from overseas. We are also expected to source and prep all sites that we secure for painting, and provide the equipment needed to reach some of the more interesting spaces.
This year is our third year, and not only do we wish to continue to create amazing art on the street, but we are keen to extend the festival further and offer a greater range of events and activities that the public can get involved in. These include (but aren't limited to):
- A live painting event for our opening night, as well as supporting Brockley Max Art in the Park
- Guided street art tours of work produced by past festivals as well as a chance to see live painting
- A free self-guided family trail as well as a bespoke guided street art tour for families
- A range of talks and participatory workshops
- Plus we will continue to work with the best artists to create around 10 stunning new murals
We rely heavily on the passion and commitment of our artists as well as the support of our small festival team to make the festival happen, so it is important that we raise enough funds to ensure that we are not attempting the impossible, nor are we asking them to stretch this generosity too far.