Fantastic result! We have made our main target and have enough money now to bring young Cuban artist Adislen Reyes to the UK (see our project description below).
But you can still donate until our deadline - any further funding will go directly via the Music Fund for Cuba to buy materials for visual arts education projects in Cuba.
Arts education is free at all levels in Cuba, and its art schools are world-renowned. But because the US continues to impose a cruel blockade on the country, it is hard for Cuban artists to get materials or access opportunities for cultural exchange. We will use any funding over our main target to buy materials such as paintbrushes, paints, pencils, paper and canvas to send to Cuban art education projects. Here are just some examples of costs:
- £5 - cartridge paper for 5 students
- £10 - 10 erasers
- £25 - various sized paint brushes for 5 students
- £50 - a staple gun for a class of students
- £100 - watercolour tins for 15 students
- £250 - acrylic paints and pastels for a class of 20 students
- £500 - oil paints and brushes for a class of 20 students
- £650 - 1m x 2m canvases for 3 classes of 20 students
Your donations will make a real difference not only to the development of emerging Cuban artists, but also to enriching the global arts scene through their contribution to it.
Please help us now! Choose your Reward and donate today!
There are other ways you can help us meet our extended target too:
- Share this page with your social network and help spread the message
- Email the link for this page to your friends and let them know why you're backing our campaign
- Contact us at the Music Fund for Cuba to let us know about any patrons of the arts, family foundations, or other organisations who might also help us to send materials for art education to Cuba.
Find out more about the Music Fund for Cuba here.