Founded by parents with one thing in common....
They have Survived Child Sexual Abuse!
Our Community Interest Company is a simple & easy business to manage with great profit potential, It compromises of two elements:
We are an independent travel agent, with a difference! we provide holidays to the general public but.......
- WE DO NOT PROVIDE THEM FOR OUR FINANCIAL GAIN
- WE PROVIDE PERSONAL & INDEPENDENT HOLIDAY PACKAGES TO SAVE MONEY & PROVIDE THE PERFECT HOLIDAY.
- WE USE ALL OUR PROFIT TO EMPOWER PARENTS WHO HAVE BEEN VICTIMS OF CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE.
What should of been the happiest time of my life with a new baby girl to look after, I was filled with fear, anger, anxiety and sadness which quickly spiralled out of control into postnatal depression!
How can I protect this child? Is everyone other than me out to hurt her?
I could write for days the questions I had with no answers!
Without the support of Coventry & Warwickshire's mental health team as well as family and friends I could honestly say I wouldn't be who I am today!
Well who am I today?
I am a mum of 4 children and a survivor!!
I successfully went through the gruelling justice system for two long years which concluded with my abuser serving 6 1/2 years in prison!
Throughout my extraordinary 12 years of parenthood and access to most services provided by Coventry & Warwickshire's organisation's, I can see a clear need for this service!
I'm a mummy to two girls and a sexual abuse survivor!
My childhood abuse left lasting scars that re surfaced when I became a mummy.
Triggers and flashbacks to the awful inducing anxiety of "am I the damaged really good enough to be a parent"
That is why my whole heart would like to show that there is nothing to be ashamed of...What you feel is normal, well our normal anyway
And with the right support we can break away from the trauma and stigma and lad happy lives whilst raising our children.
THE GRITTY TRUTH
No one will ever really know the true number of people who are victims if sexual abuse, however it doesn't take long to find some really scary figures which indicate as many as
1 in 10 women and 3% of men in England and Wales are victims of child sexual abuse!
The latest population figures show approximately 1 million people live in Coventry & Warwickshire, even if you assume only 5% of that number are parents who have been victims of sexual abuse.....50,000 people are missing this vital support!
Unfortunately many new parents go through the same anxieties as we did but have no sister to share the pain.
- "Normalise" the conversation surrounding expectant and new parent anxieties.
- Provide a welcoming and supportive baby groups to allow bonding with babies and networking for parents in the same situation
- To allow parents to break away from the embarrassment that accompanies the thoughts, anxieties and differences that comes with being a parent who has suffered child sexual abuse.
- To use exercise, craft activities and breaks away to support and encourage family bonding and understanding for partners, family and friends.
- To support and recommend the correct services should the victim want to pursue further action or receive specialist care.
WE WOULD LIKE TO PROVIDE THIS MUCH NEEDED BUT MISSING SERVICE TO THE WHOLE OF THE UK BUT WILL CONCENTRATE ON OUR LOCAL AREA AT THIS EARLY STAGE.
We have been lucky enough to receive a funding challenge....
Your much valued pledges will be matched and this will allow us to:
- Secure premises in all areas of Coventry & Warwickshire for our support groups.
- Allow the setup and running costs of our website which will include our own domain and email addresses.
- Create marketing material to raise awareness of our services & market our company.
- To provide equipment & transport for our support groups
- To cover costs of activities for our groups.
- To allow us to train in this specific subject to ensure the health and safety of our users.
A LAST NOTE.......
Thank you for taking the time to read our story & help us achieve our dream!
Next time you book your holiday be sure to visit breaking away!
Your well deserved holiday will allow another survivor to thrive.....
Claire & Sarah x