As the coronavirus pandemic unfolds in the UK, our main priority is ensuring the safety of everyone who comes to our food bank – whether it’s someone needing help, someone volunteering their time, or someone making a donation.
No one in our community should have to face going hungry. That’s why we provide nutritionally balanced food and support to local people who are referred to us. We are part of a nationwide network of foodbanks, supported by The Trussell Trust, working to combat poverty and hunger across the UK.
Covid19 is impacting the Boston Foodbank in a number of ways
1. We are sadly seeing increased demand across the Boston area and only expect this to get higher.
2. We are seeing a reduction in donations as people's shopping habits are changing.
3. A number of our regular volunteers are from at-risk groups and for their safety are unable to work at the moment.
4. We're having to make deliveries directly to vulnerable and self-isolating families who are unable to visit our collection points
We need your help urgently to fund the purchase the food, toiletries and other vital supplies that are required to fill this gap.
How you can help
If you can donate food then please donate at one of these locations - https://boston.foodbank.org.uk/give-help/donate-food/
If you cannot get to these locations then please give to this Crowdfunder project that will allow us to purchase the food we need.
Thanks so much for all your support at this time of need.
More about Boston Foodbank
We provide 3 day emergency food parcels for those in need. You will usually be referred by an agency who will issue you a food voucher. We can also supply toiletries and additional items such as pet food.
Our foodbank is a project founded by local churches and community groups, working together towards stopping hunger in our local area.
Over 90% of the food distributed by foodbanks in The Trussell Trust network is donated by the public – that’s why your food donations are absolutely vital to our ability to give everyone referred to us a balanced and nutritious three day supply of food.
If you are happy to drop off food donations, these are our food collection point locations:
- Tesco, New Hammond Beck Road, Boston
- Also, Asda Superstore: https://storelocator.asda.com/store/boston
We always welcome donations and promise to use them to provide help to people in crisis. Occasionally we send food to other nearby foodbanks to support their work particularly if they experience shortages. This ensures your donations go to help people wherever in the UK they are.
For more information please visit our website https://boston.foodbank.org.uk/