Our amazing NHS staff and volunteers are working tirelessly to care for COVID-19 patients. And we want them to know the country has also got their back. We are so proud and in awe of NHS staff and volunteers as they work tirelessly to save lives! This means staying away from their homes and families, working day and night, to treat as many people as possible in need of care.
We, the nation, can help. Let's show our gratitude and respect for the frontline NHS, and together beat this virus.
As NHS staff and volunteers look after COVID-19 patients in their greatest hour of need, we can help take care of the well-being of our NHS people.
AND YOU CAN HELP!
Do the following:
1) Follow NHS and Government guidance about how to keep others and yourself safe.
2) Support your family and friends through your social messaging and communication networks Support your local NHS. We have 140 NHS charities dedicated to supporting patient care at their hospitals, ambulance trusts, mental and community health bodies. To find yours click here
3) Donate to this NHS Charities National campaign that acknowledges and supports NHS Staff, volunteers and patients impacted by COVID-19.
1) Funding well-being packs/gifts for staff and volunteers on wards/departments (this could include food deliveries, high energy/protein bars/drinks, snacks, refreshments, wash kits, overnight stay kits. Cost of travel, parking, accommodation for NHS staff and volunteers Volunteer expenses
2) Support isolated patients through providing devices to communicate with friends and family whilst in hospital or isolating
3) Longer term mental health support of NHS staff, volunteer, patients and their families
4) Help patients leave hospital quickly and safely and remain or stay out of hospital
This list is not exhaustative.