Make Christmas Even Better with PWP
Who Are We?
The Plymouth Waterfront Partnership (PWP) is a not for profit PLC, representing the Waterfront community across three square miles of the primary heritage and tourism offer within Plymouth, Britain's Ocean City. We organise high profile events, promote the Waterfront as a world class destination for vistors and ensure its daily cleansing and maintenance is well managed.
We manage the greatest concentration of cobbled streets in the UK and support conservation of Europe's largest collection of Listed Royal Naval Victualling buildings. We preserve a heritage that spans 1,000 years and is the place where pioneers who have influence the globe have walked, including Drake, Cook, Darwin, Nelson, Napoleon, Scott, Shackleton, Chichester, Disney, Laurel & Hardy, Chaplin and many more...
What's Our Project?
Christmas needs to be extra special this year.
Enjoy the gift of giving to the community in 2016 - we need your help to shine a brighter festive light on Plymouth's stunning Waterfront!
We'd like to create a magical experience for local residents and visitors alike, involving Christmas lights, reindeer, real snow, Santa arriving on the RNLI Lifeboat, Elfie Selfies, huge Christmas trees and a recreation of A Christmas Carol - yes, Scrooge will take you on a tour through his Christmas Past, Christmas Present and Christmas Future! We're working across multiple areas including the Royal William Yard, The Barbican, The Hoe and Sutton Harbour. Whilst we can afford to do some of these activities, our community is keen to do even more - we need more help.
This Christmas we're also launching a new 'Snowflake Trail' for families to enjoy a day out in Plymouth's amazing Waterfront, linking different areas through a family walking route. Children can find the Snowflake names and be in with a chance of winning fabulous prizes donated by local businesses.
We have some money to create all of this, but we need a little more help to make this an extra special treat. Help us to create an amazing and unforgettable experience for families all across the city.
Our aspirations don't end there. We're keen to provide genuine learning opportunities for our young people.
- We're working with students from City College Plymouth to give them work experiences - their Carpentry students are doing a fabulous job to create a lovely log cabin for the Elfie Selfies where you can create your own Christmas card portraits amidst real snow.
- We're also working with students from the Plymouth College of Art using cutting edge laser technology to build four feet high Snowflake sculptures to help us create a new Snowflake Trail with prizes on offer for families taking part.
- We've already secured significant partners for the project - we're working with Urban Splash at the Royal William Yard, Sutton Harbour Holdings at Sutton Harbour and Plymouth City Council in the Barbican.
- We're working with artists and performers from the Barbican Theatre and we're looking to provide opportunities for residents to come out and enjoy Christmas parties in their streets.
- We've worked with the City Centre Company BID to develop new Christmas marketing artwork - promoting Britain's Ocean City as THE destination for Christmas dining, events, festive fun and shopping for all the family!
Everyone's contributing, giving something to help, the community is pulling together. But we need a little extra help to make sure all of these plans really dazzle this year.
We already have £2,500 from PWP BID Levy contributions. IF we can raise a further £2,500 with your help, we aim to unlock £5,000 of Plymouth City Council cash match funding. With your help, we will achieve our goal of £10k!
Please help us - pledge something toward the campaign and we'll give something back to you as a thank you. Come on down and join us too - enjoy our Snowflake Trail and our BIG Christmas Waterfront Weekend events:
17th November - 3rd January, Waterfront Snowflake Trail, Royal William Yard through to Sutton Harbour!
19th and 20th November, BIG Christmas Weekend, The Barbican and Sutton Harbour
4th December, The Winter Wonderland, Royal William Yard
We think Plymouth's Waterfront is amazing! There's nowhere else like it, with its history and heritage, marine education and pristine marine environment.
We want to celebrate the Waterfront this festive season. Help us to celebrate with some extra sparkle, please make a pledge today.
Thank you very much.
Plymouth Waterfront Partnership