Hello! We are Mia and Kate, two UK travel business owners with a background in marketing before we launched our careers in travel.
Like so many in our wonderful industry, our own travel businesses have been impacted beyond comprehension by COVID-19, and we understand the immense pressure and stress that every person in the travel industry is under right now.
Specifically, within the travel industry 12,000 jobs have already been lost and a report by ABTA suggests that a further 75,000 jobs are also at risk. Travel has proven itself a resilient industry and one that will bounce back over time, but in the mean time job losses are rife, particularly in sales and marketing roles, which means marketing support for small independent travel agents struggling to survive is vastly reduced.
At the same time, the number of travel agents facing redundancy and moving to a self-employed set-up is growing, and these are the people that need marketing support more than ever to get their new businesses off the ground.
Beyond The Bookings' is an A4 day-per-view printed desk planner and journal, which will help independent travel businesses in the UK to create and schedule consistent, impactful social media content throughout 2021.
- Important key-dates and seasonal sales focus periods specific for the UK outbound travel industry.
- International and National dates of interest including events, holidays, celebrations and occasions for destinations around the world.
- Hundreds of National Awareness Days that can be used to anchor relevant business content and messaging.
- Goal setting pages, social media monthly planning templates, and prompts to help business owners craft their own content plans and execute them with their own unique tone-of-voice and brand styling.
- Other invaluable information such as currency tables, embassy and airline contact information, and key supplier contacts to help agents find the correct information quickly and easily.
The journal will retail at £34.99 and will be available for travel agents in the UK to pre-order from Wednesday 9th September 2020. We aim to have printed planners with our members by early December 2021.
Working with travel partners
Our goal is for this to become the must-have marketing desk planner for all travel agents in the UK. With this in mind, we hope to include the details and key events for as many holiday operators and travel suppliers within the planner as possible.
We are now accepting sponsorship for Beyond The Bookings for independent agent travel partners who wish to be included. There are several tiers of sponsorship or support as follows:
Full sponsors will be invited to include up to 10 of their own events within the planner (conferences, training events, brochure release dates, competitions or any other significant dates for the business), and will be included within the Travel Contacts Glossary. Full sponsors will also be invited to share bespoke content within our monthly support newsletter and closed members-only Facebook page for journal owners.
Named sponsors will have their travel business contact details included in the Travel Contacts Glossary, so that travel agents can quickly find and contact them.
We welcome any further contributions from any business or individual who wishes to support this venture. Supporters will be listed on our website as a huge thanks for their valued donation.