A little bit about me
Hi, My name is Sharron, Owner of Beautiful Wild
- After studying fashion and textiles for 3 years, I have set up my own textiles, interior decor and accessories business. I design my own fabric and have this digitally printed to use on my products and i also offer a bespoke interiors service to help clients colour match their decor palettes.
- I have always loved colour, I surround myself with it as a pop of colour can instantly lift you and your surroundings. I love to work with bold patterns and palettes and this is reflected in my designs. Most of my designs are photography led as this was my very first passion, I also have a BA(H) in Media specialising in documentary making. I love anything that is visually stimulating, ,the arts both creative and performing and strongly believe that having a creative outlet is beneficial to mental health, this is one of the main reasons i also run creative workshops.
- After graduating from University I worked briefly in a media related job before relocating from London to Glasgow where I worked in both domestic and commercial sales for a number of years. After 16yrs I left the world of sales to study fashion and textiles with the intention of running my own business with the skills gained.I launched Beautiful Wild: Textiles, Home Decor and Accessories in July 2019
- Some of my handmade lampshades on sale at a recent event at The Arches, Glasgow
Happy Customers : 2 Bespoke ceiling pendants in their new homes
Just one of my fabric and Wallpaper Designs
I currently run creative and textiles workshops in Paisley and the wider area and I would love to offer some of these on a free or subsidised basis for people who face social exclusion such as long term illness or unemployment and teach them new skills.
I am a Graduate member of the Scottish Artist union and fully insured to teach textiles workshops and I would encourage those taking part to look at further education in textiles as a possible pathway into a fabulous career as well as to socialise and have fun while learning a new skill in a relaxed environment. I have a small work space but am in need of some equipment and materials in order to grow the business to its full potential and this will give me the time and money to carry out the creative workshops at a subsidised rate.
Lampshade making Workshop at the Haberdashery 19th October 2019
- I would like to be able print a wider range of fabrics in collaboration with local artists and illustrators and in order to fulfil this I am in need of screen printing equipment, heat press and associated materials. My long term goal is to have all of of my fabric designs printed and readily in stock for use in my luxury handmade lampshades, home decor and accessories.
Some of My printed fabrics designs
I have recently been successful in gaining a place in my local council business Incube mentorship programme for creative business practice, this will be an invaluable experience and gives access to the following to ensure the business is successful, only handful of creatives are picked each year and I am lucky enough to be one of those.
The Invest in Renfrewshire Incubator Hub (InCube) is a fantastic opportunity to launch or grow your own creative business with funding and support from industry specialists and advisors.
Winning entrepreneurs will win a package of support for up to 9 months including:
- Free office & meeting space in modern & fully equipped premises in Paisley town centre, with free IT, video conferencing and WiFi.
- Advisory support on e-commerce, branding, website & social media
- Access to a range of workshops on the “how to” aspects of making your business successful eg marketing, book-keeping, sales, customer service, business growth planning
- Access to free retail space in InCube shop to showcase/sell your own products
- Business advisory support
- Business mentoring within a creative, supportive environment.
- Access to high profile networking events
New window Exhibition @popspace Paisley Piazza, exhibition running until 6thJan 2020
and finally some of the rewards on offer.........
I would love to be a full time designer and producer of conscious contemporary textiles, home decor and accessories and in order to do this I need a little bit of financial help and this is where you my pledgers fit in, My work is described as quirky, abstract, conscious, vivid, beautiful and wild but most of all colourful. I'd like to bring more colour into people's lives and your pledge could help me to bring this dream to reality. Thank you for reading, Sharron,
- you can see some of my recent fabric designs here: