Did you know that...
Potty training is one of the most challenging times in parenthood? It is a journey of ups and downs. Psychologists all over the world agree that potty training is one of the most important events that can affect a child’s mental development, so taking a positive approach can play a very significant role in their lives.
Unfortunately, more children aged 4 and up nowadays start schools whilst still using nappies or pull-ups. The survey of education staff in state-funded schools in England carried out by ERIC, The Children's Bowel & Bladder Charity, in 2016 revealed that 70% of teachers reported more children starting school in their nappies and 100% of teachers claim this for children aged 3 to 5. Increasing pressure on pre-school and primary school teachers to deal with potty training is a rising issue that needs to be addressed.
What do we need to do?
We need to raise £5,000 to be able to provide 5 packs of Potty Tabs (sufficient amount to cover up to three weeks of toilet training for a group of 10 children) for 183 Nurseries across the country and help thousands of children to become nappy free before they start their reception year. 5% of the raised money will be shared with ERIC, The Children’s Bowel & Bladder Charity to support their free helpline service for families and their new exciting campaign - Let’s Go Potty, providing families, nurseries and schools with potty training guidelines and help. We would also love to support free libraries and walk-in clinic sessions for potty training provided by PottyTunity.
No donation is too little or too big, every support is much appreciated.
Why is this important?
- Experts agree that modern nappies are doing such a good job in absorbing liquids that children often don’t feel wet and it is harder for them to realise the need to go to the toilet. Toilet training then becomes more challenging for parents and carers.
- If children are properly toilet trained when they start school, they can spend their time learning and playing rather than dealing with accidents and nappy changing. Their confidence will be bigger too.
- Nursery practitioners and schoolteachers will have more time to focus on children development.
- Monies that would otherwise be spent on nappies by Nurseries and families can be used for activities with children.
- Lastly, but not least, it takes almost 500 years for some disposable nappies to fully decompose. According to recycling charity Wrap an estimated amount of 3 billion nappies are thrown away every year in the UK. If we can help 10% British children to be toilet trained by age 3 rather than 4, we will save an estimated 75 millions of tonnes of nappy waste every year that would otherwise end up in landfills.
About Potty Tabs
Bart's Company developed in collaboration with child psychologists, pediatricians, and parents, Potty Tabs. A unique educational tool in the form of easy to use potty tablets that help motivate children to use the potty regularly. Potty Tabs are already loved by many children worldwide from Europe to Australia and are now on their way to turn potty training into fun in the UK.
How to use Potty Tabs?
Simply pop a tab into the potty to make that big step a fun experience. Once a child wees on it, the tablet will dissolve, change to a unique colour, and produce a variety of sounds. Will it bubble? Will it fizz? What colour it will reveal? All these exciting questions going on those little minds! In a short amount of time, a child will want to use the potty all by themselves to see what’s going to happen next.
A little bit about us...
We are a team of parents working together to make potty training more fun for the little ones and easy for parents and carers.
Daniela, is the genius who came up with the Potty Tabs idea, is naturally in charge of product development and brand enforcement. Katerina, is the one who is super passionate about Potty Tabs and loves to promote them across social media, with business partners, and of course across our customers. Lukas, is in charge of sales planning, distribution, and the most important part of the process - getting Potty Tabs to our customers. Karl, works in financial services and he helps us to make sure that our numbers and all relevant legal requirements are in order.