We’re giving away a £100 prize pledge to the first 50 women to raise £100 on Crowdfunder to start their new business this December. Entrants that go live by Sunday 15th December 2019 will be in with a chance of winning an additional £1000 cash prize.
These Terms and Conditions apply to the ‘Raise £100, Get £100’ promotional campaign (to be referred to as the “campaign”). By entering into the campaign, entrants agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Promoter is Crowdfunder Ltd, C-Space, 5-7 The Crescent, Newquay, TR7 1DT (Crowdfunder, Crowdfunder.co.uk).
2. The campaign opens at 4:00pm on 11th December 2019 (the “Opening Date”) and closes at 11:59 pm 29th December 2019 (the “Closing Date”) (the “Promotional Period”). No entries will be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date.
3. The additional cash prize of one thousand pounds (£1000) will be given as a grant to one project who has launched a project on Crowdfunder.co.uk by 11:59 pm on Sunday 15th December 2019 and successfully completes the crowdfunding of one hundred pound (£100) by midday (12:00 pm) 29th December 2019.
4. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid and entries which are delayed, duplicated, incomplete, illegible, submitted via an alternative method or lost through technical problems will be disqualified. No responsibility is accepted for such entries. Proof of submission online will not be accepted as proof of entry.
5. Entrants must be 18 years of age or over, identify as female, be a UK resident and also match the Back Her Business programme eligibility criteria. See here for more information: NatWest (England & Wales), Royal Bank of Scotland (Scotland), Ulster Bank (Northern Ireland)
6. Entrants must meet the following campaign criteria:
a. Entrants must be running a crowdfunding campaign on Crowdfunder.co.uk to raise money for their project as part of the ‘campaign’.
b. Entrants must launch a Crowdfunder campaign within the promotional period before 11:59 pm on 15th December 2019 to be eligible for the additional £1000 cash prize.
c. Entrants’ Crowdfunder Projects are required to close successfully by reaching or surpassing the funding target before midday (12:00 pm) on 29th December 2019.
d. Entrants will need to run a “flexible funding” crowdfunding project on 3% fees with a minimum funding target of £100 on Crowdfunder.co.uk before midday (12:00 pm) on 29th December 2019. See here for more information on funding options.
e. Entrants warrant that the entry is their own original work.
f. Entries are to be registered in the name of the individual or organisation who will represent the entry throughout the duration of the campaign.
g. Entrants must ensure they have consent from any other project or organisation owners before entering the campaign.
7. By entering the campaign you hereby confirm that all information you submit is true, current and complete.
£100 and £1000 prize pledge
8. The promoter will pledge a one hundred pounds (£100) prize pledge on the first fifty (50) eligible Crowdfunder projects that successfully raise one hundred pounds (£100) from the crowd.
9. The entrant may only launch one (1) Crowdfunder project on Crowdfunder.co.uk during the promotional period and therefore only receive one one hundred pounds (£100) prize pledge during the promotional period.
10. The successful recipients will receive the one hundred pounds (£100) prize pledge subject to successfully completing a Crowdfunder campaign and abiding by the campaign criteria outlined in clause 6.
11. Recipients of the one hundred pounds (£100) prize pledge will be notified by email and may be announced on the Promoter’s social channels at the discretion of the promoter.
12. To be eligible for the additional one thousand pounds (£1000) cash prize, entrants are required to launch a Crowdfunder campaign within the promotional period before 11:59 pm on 15th December 2019.
13. The winner of the additional one thousand pounds (£1000) will be the project that has received the most supporters on their Crowdfunder campaign by midday (12:00 pm) on the 29th December 2019.
14. The Promoter will pledge the one thousand pound (£1000) prize pledge on the successful Crowdfunder project before the 29th December 2019.
15.Entrants are responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of participating in this campaign and claiming their pledges. This may include, but is not limited to, costs associated with the production of a promotional video, purchasing images or promoting the project.
16. By accepting the pledge, winners agree to be the subject of, and participate in, a case study to be published on the Promoters’ web and social channels for the purposes of promoting the Promoters’ services and/or future campaigns if the Promoters request it. By entering into the campaign you are providing your consent for this activity.
17. The Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend the campaign or these terms and conditions at any stage but will only do so for reasons outside of their reasonable control. The Promoters will endeavour to minimize the effect of such cancellation or amendment on participants in order to avoid disappointment.
18. If you have opted in to receive marketing and communications from the Promoters then by entering this campaign and providing your details you are providing your consent for the Promoters and relevant partners to use your personal information to contact you with information about products and services, special offers and rewards. From time to time, the Promoters may contact you by mail, telephone, email, other electronic messaging services (such as text, voice, sound or image messages including using automated calling systems) or fax for these purposes. It may be necessary to transfer your information to another country. If we do we will make sure that it is given the same levels of protection as needed under the UK Data Protection Act.
19. By entering your project on http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk, you agree for the details of your name and your project, including supplied photos, written pitch and videos, to be made public on http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk and the Promoters’ social media.
20. You confirm and warrant that no aspect of your participation in this campaign will infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
21. The Promoters accept no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, incomplete or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server failures, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control. All lost, damaged or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
22. Illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the campaign in a manner which in the Promoters’ reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms or unfair to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the campaign, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant, or the Promoters and/or any of their agents or representatives) may be rejected from the campaign at the Promoters’ sole discretion. Where such actions have significantly impaired the campaign, the Promoters may, at their sole discretion, vary the campaign as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
23. Proof of entry shall not be proof of delivery or receipt. Only entries received in accordance with these Terms and the instructions will be accepted. Failure to respond to a notification within a reasonable time may result in disqualification and another entrant may be selected at the Promoters’ discretion. In the event that the entrant declines the selection, the Promoters may elect, at their discretion, to select another entrant. The Promoters will make reasonable attempts to contact successful entrants. If no acknowledgement is received in response to such attempts, the Promoters may reallocate the place.
24. The Promoters, in their sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant at any stage for providing untruthful, inaccurate, misleading details and/or information and/or is otherwise in breach of these Terms.
26. By entering the campaign, you are deemed to accept these Terms and all other terms and conditions. The Promoters may, at their sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the campaign and/or the dates on which the campaign will be promoted and the Promoters reserve the right to alter, amend or withdraw these Terms and/or the campaign without liability and without prior notice.
27. These Terms are governed by and construed and performed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms.