In the meantime our horses are having a nice break enjoying the spring grass and sunshine on their backs. There are still significant costs associated with keeping the horses and all our other animals healthy so they will be fit and ready for action when we can welcome our clients back again.
Each horse has their own special needs, they still need grooming and checking daily, some need their legs clipping regularly to avoid getting itchy or sore, others have special supplements or medication and they all at some point need veterinary, dental and farriery care. On top of that we need to keep the paddocks clean so the grazing is fresh for them and some even need sun cream on their noses to prevent sunburn.
We would really appreciate your financial support during this testing time as whilst we are closed we will have absolutely no income but still lots of expenditure to look after our 13 special horses. We do not receive any statutory funding and so far there is very little government support for charities like ours during this crisis. Staff have taken salary cuts, reduced hours or been furloughed. Only 4 members of staff are still working on site to look after the horses. We are very reliant on our local supporters to help us keep going so even the smallest contribution will be so very much appreciated.
We can't wait to see everyone again and to continue with our very special work helping people with additional needs to thrive.
1. Please donate what you can.
2. You can purchase one of our lovely rewards or just donate 'freestyle'.
3. Have some fun by creating a fundraising page of your own and choose from one of these fundraising ideas or make up your own. All the money you raise on your fundraising page will go towards helping us hit our target. Your friends and family can also buy our rewards via your fundraising page.
Here are some fun ideas to get you started:
- ASK FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO SPONSOR YOU TO TEACH YOUR PET A NEW TRICK.
- LEARN A NEW SKILL AND ASK FOR DONATIONS TO PERFORM IT.
- DO A SPONSORED WALK/CYCLE/JOG/WHEELCHAIR (WHILST ABIDING BY SOCIAL ISOLATION GUIDELINES).
- OFFER TO DO ALL THE CHORES IN THE HOUSE FOR THE DAY IN RETURN FOR SPONSORSHIP.
- GROW A GIANT SUNFLOWER AND TAKE BETS ON HOW TALL IT WILL GROW. (The winner will get a Conquest supporter certificate)