A message from Aston:
I am a local business manager. I was born and raised here, I was schooled at a local comprehensive and Southend is in my blood. My family on both sides have been here for generations. I love our town, I appreciate its beauty and I understand its needs. I honestly would not want to represent anywhere other than Southend. Constituents already know me as a highly active local campaigner.
This election will inevitably be one of the most important in a lifetime. A transformative Labour Government will kick start a green industrial revolution, and create an economy that works for the many. If elected, I will be a strong national voice for all of us.
Together, we can be the positive change that our town needs and that we all deserve.
If you elect me on 12 December, I will:
- Champion investment in green infrastructure and jobs to tackle the Climate Crisis head on. As a local environmental activist, I am fully committed to Labour’s Green New Deal which will transform our society and implement measures towards zero net carbon emissions by 2030.
- Fight cuts in local NHS services. Labour created the NHS and only Labour will fund it properly. As your MP, I will vigorously defend our NHS and fight against cuts in local health services. I oppose any plans to increase privatisation and the threats that parts of the NHS could be sold off to American business in a future US trade deal. Our NHS is not for sale to anyone.
- Back genuinely affordable homes, and measures to tackle homelessness. National data shows that Southend has one of the biggest gaps between low-income levels and high house prices. As your MP, I will work together with Southend’s Labour-led Council to provide many more truly affordable houses, and a council house building programme, to deliver decent homes to everybody.
- Fight to address the causes of crime. Labour is committed to increase Police numbers, and as your MP I will work with the Police to reduce the level of crime, particularly knife crime and its link to gang culture and drug trafficking. But crime often has a social cause like poverty, inequality or a lack of opportunities, and so I will campaign to establish new youth facilities to give our young people hope and the prospect of a better future.
- Stand up for all constituents of Southend West, I will work tirelessly for you.
Please note: Southend West CLP may contact you using the information you supply. Donations to political parties are regulated by the Representation of the People Act 1983. By making a donation here to Southend West CLP you are stating that you understand and accept the following: If I am making a donation of more than £500, checks will be made to ensure my name is included on a UK electoral register (excluding the Isle of Man and Channel Islands). This information will be available for public inspection on request, although my home address will not be made public. The money you use to make a donation must be from your own funds. This donation facility is provided for individuals to make donations to Southend West CLP. UK companies, limited liability partnerships, trade unions and unincorporated associations may also make donations.
Anonymous donations over £500 are not permitted. Please use your full name so that eligibility may be checked. Donations that cannot be verified eligible may be returned.
Promoted by Kevin Robinson on behalf of Aston Line, both at 268 Sutton Road, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 5ET.