Kings Heath CIC was formed in 2016 and we noticed that we were continually engaging with creative people in the community; visual and object artists, graphic designers, performers, potters, stained glass window makers, photographers, poets, makers, crafters, story tellers and so much more.
We thought it would be great to provide somewhere locally for creative people to come together in order to build local networks, and also somewhere to connect with the community. We thought a trial basis would establish whether we could gather enough support to create something permanent and this project is to test the sustainability of a long term venture.
We feel that a slow, organic process is the best way to make a sustainable venture in the future. We are also keen to highlight social and community issues through the space. We feel that an accelerated engagement project such as this has the potential power to help protect our community and make it stronger.
We want to
- Encourage and promote local artists to use the space to make, show and sell their work
- Encourage innovation and creative solutions in Kings Heath
- Provide a place for people to meet each other without any need to spend money
- Show how diverse a community we are
- Provide opportunities for younger and older people, and vulnerable groups; reduce isolation and bring people together to increase wellbeing
- Learn how we can work better together as a community
- Help keep our High Street thriving by helping to broaden the offer
If you can help us support this venture we would be delighted.