We are a recognised and valued charity, an experienced leisure services operator and partner or choice in creating active lifestyles.
With the profit generated from our businesses (including gyms and children’s soft play centres) we fund free active programmes, sometimes with a host of partners, including NHS trusts, to improve fitness and health for cancer survivors, heart attack survivors, stroke survivors, people with weight problems, and a whole range of other chronic health conditions.
These projects have helped a number of people who have not been able to participate in any form of physical activity due to ill health or other physical factors. 2,530 participants accessed our active health services during the
period 2014 - 2015, which represented an increase of 57% from the previous year.
After our first year of the Cancer Rehab programme in Bath & North East Somerset, feedback from the participants show that:
- 89% of participants have improved energy levels
- 87% of participants have changed their lifestyle and will continue to do so
- 92% of participants have improved confidence and enhanced sense of well being
- 85% of participants have increased activity levels
- 96% of participants have described the programme as excellent
For over 40 years, Aquaterra has been working locally bringing active opportunities for everybody, and providing recreation and leisure facilities either for free or at affordable prices for the many residents of the diverse communities we serve.
We have won many awards including Leisure Operator of the Year 2014, Water Leisure Operator of the Year 2015 and Investors in People Gold.
Operating in London, Worthing, Slough and Bath & NE Somerset , we hope to use new funding to:
- Renovate outbuildings around our new centre for the use of local charities for families with autistic children. and building on the range of local charities we are partnered with to create a truly inclusive ‘community village’
- Promote all our on-going adult heath programmes in order to attract more referrals (from both GPs and self-referrers) and reach more people who can be helped.
- Widen the range of participation in sport and fitness for those with mental and physical barriers in our community, and celebrate this with an Annual Inclusive Olympic games.
- Improve our private kids’ parties in our Soft Play venues to make them more modern, interactive and memorable and improve private parties as an income generator. We want to promote the idea that active play is vital to children’s health and well being.