Thank you for visiting my all or nothing project aimed at helping to overcome isolation this season with a specially crafted pair of advent calendars - a little surprise everyday to talk about and share.
Hello, I’m Jane Goff, the heart-centred creative from My Material Memories. I help people connect with and cherish special times, normally through keepsakes such as bears and blankets.
2020 has been an extraordinary year. COVID-19 continues to be so challenging for so many in lots of different ways. Being apart from friends and family, dealing with isolation, boredom and guilt, as well as everything else is really hard. I had the idea for the Apart But Together Advent Calendar while talking with my boys about how Christmas is going to be very different this year.
I’m personally driven to do something positive, to be able to make some small difference.
But I need your help to make it a reality.
What is the Apart But Together Advent Calendar?
An advent calendar with a difference, designed to be shared in pairs (or more) and help you connect with a friend or family member while you can’t be there. Show you care with a mixture of surprises and activities to talk about and enjoy together.
- Packed with a specially curated collection of 24 gifts for you, things to do and seasonal surprises. Each day also has an accompanying note.
- Each advent is individually handcrafted with love
- Designed to be people and planet friendly.
- Many gifts are chosen to be used again or paid forward;
- For example, the seasonally decorated daily envelopes are unsealed for you to reuse with the enclosed address labels (no looking ahead!);
- Letter box friendly, the packaging is all recycled and recyclable.
How can you help?
There are three main ways you can help:
- Help support making this a reality by backing the project:
- become a friend of the Apart But Together project by donating to support making it a reality;
- join the Apart But Together family and pre-order a calendar or two by selecting the reward of your choice from the right hand side of this page; click on it to proceed.
- Share this campaign far and wide to help get the message out there; online and off!
- Support the social media campaign by following, liking and engaging with the Facebook and Instagram accounts. I’ll be giving regular updates, including the highs and lows of this project as it develops.
How will I use the funds?
I’m raising funds to make this a reality and deliver these “Alone But Together” Advent calendars in time for December.
- As an all or nothing project, I need to raise £1200 to proceed (40 calendars). If I don’t reach this, all your donations are returned.
- If I reach the 40 calendars minimum, I start crafting them straight away.
- There’s a maximum of 200 calendars - after all there’s only me!
Current Status and Risks
I have a prototype design - rustic, eco-friendly, and seasonally decorated. Contents and suppliers are identified and ready to go.
I’m currently writing and designing the accompanying daily note. I will be sharing the journey on my social medial accounts if you want to follow along.
I’m donating my time to prototype, design and develop the calendar but I need your donations or pre-orders to cover production costs, supplies and delivery services.
Thank you for reading and supporting the Apart but together Advent Calendar.
Best wishes, Jane x