Welcome to our Ancestor& 39;s Trail Crowdfunder pitch.
You& 39;ll notice this pitch is over invested - however & 39;tickets& 39; are still available for most options until the pitch ends.
Walking the Trail is FREE but we use this service to enable online booking so that people can purchase & 39;tickets& 39; for the following:
1. Seats on our Trail park and ride bus service - £10 per person
2. Seats on our TRAIL TAXI - pick up drop off Taunton stations. - £15 per person
3. Entrance to our evening events at Kilve Court:
Saturday 25th August - Speakers - including Richard Dawkins 3pm til late, including meal - .£20 per person SOLD OUT.
DAWKINS WAITING LIST: Go to this link and add your name in case any more tickets become available for Richard Dawkins. I am in negotiation with the venue. I& 39;ll store your entry in date order and allocate on a first come first served basis.
Sunday 26th August - Musical cabaret 8pm - late, including meal - £15 per person .
4. ACCOMMODATION: all INCLUSIVE packages at Kilve Court including: 1 evening event, food, seat on Trail bus.
Camping: £35 per head per night -SOLD OUT
Shared room in Kilve Court : £50 per head per night. SOLD OUT
Private room “ “ “ £65 per head per night.
IF YOU DON& 39;T FIND EXACTLY THE COMBINATION OF REWARDS (TICKETS) YOU NEED, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Payment via a Crowdfunder pitch:
1. Use our Crowdfunder calculator and plug in the numbers of people requiring the options you wish. Don’t forget the accommodation packages INCLUDE one or more evening events and seats on our Trail bus. Of course, if you wish, you can just book tickets for our evening events or bus/taxi options without accomodation.
2. On the right hand side you will see the REWARDS – these are essentially some example ticket prices – if your option amount is not shown simply click where it says FUND NOW to go to the next stage.
3. This will bring up the list of rewards including one at the top saying ‘NO REWARD’. Select this and then plug in your total (from your Crowdfunder calculator in step 1) into the AMOUNT TO CONTRIBUTE box at the top (with NO £ sign!).
4. Click INVEST NOW at the bottom and follow the steps for payment via PAY PAL. This is a two stage process – FIRSTLY: add sufficient of your funds to Crowdfunder – when you invest, PAY PAL take a 3.4% cut (you’ll see this added to your investment). SECONDLY: allocate those funds to the Ancestor’s Trail pitch.
5. Crowdfunder send me the total amount you have invested and your email address – but no other details. So I will then need to contact you shortly afterwards by e-mail with a Google form link for you to fill in – so that I can book you in for exactly what you want…rooms/evening events/taxi etc.
It’s a bit long winded – but it works - and YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE! (well very little). Essentially, the event runs if enough people invest in this pitch to cover our pre-determined target sum -£1600- by a specified date. If this sum isn& 39;t reached - everyone gets their money back.
Children: below 5 years go FREE, 6-17 HALF PRICE.
Please note: If we make the target sum, Crowdfunder take a 5% cut from the money they hand over to the Ancestor’s Trail. In the interests of transparency, if we don’t make the pitch, the only funds you’d lose would be the initial 3.4% mentioned above and the same % again when they return the funds to your PAY PAL account. In these circumstances Crowdfunder gain nothing, unlike some other similar online crowd-sourcing services.
A proportion of your investment will go towards our biodiversity charities. If online payment is not an option for you please contact me on chris[dot]jenord[at] btinternet[dot]com.
It is also possible for a pitch to over -invest. In this case we will close the individual rewards or whole pitch as we reach capacity.
ABOUT THE EVENT: The Ancestor& 39;s Trail is a biological pilgrimage in Somerset ~ a secular celebration of our shared origins with all life on earth. Our participants walk footpaths representing Darwin& 39;s Tree of Life and, in so doing, symbolically walk back 3.7 billion years. Our numbers gradually swell as we merge with other pilgrims who arrive via tributary trails. The Trail is inspired by Richard Dawkins& 39; book & 39;The Ancestor& 39;s Tale& 39; and is now in its third year. http://ancestorstrail.net/
By car: M5 junction 23 (Bridgwater) and then follow signs to A39 towards Minehead until you reach Kilve village (30-40mins drive from Bridgwater). Alternatively: come off on at junction 25 (Taunton) and follow signs for town centre and then A358 to Minehead. Turn right onto the A39 signposted Bridgwater at Williton - Kilve village is less than 5 miles away.
Public transport: Coach to Taunton (Berry’s coaches or National Express around 4 -5 hours from London and around £20 - £25 return per person).– but only National Express have coaches that arrive on the 25th August in time for our speakers - 7.45am or 9am departures from London Victoria).
Train (from London Paddington to Taunton- approx 2hours) A train departs London Paddington 11.06am and arrives Taunton 12.49pmThere is also an 08.54 train from Sheffield that arrives Taunton 12.15pm and an 11.25am departure from Plymouth arriving Taunton at 12.50– all these are good for our AT taxi connection.
AT TRAIL TAXI: Use the Trail taxi option on this pitch if you want pick up and drop off to/from Kilve.