'An Hour or So' is an initiative where local businesses give an hour of their services in exchange for a charitable donation.
This scheme benefits local businesses and charities as follows:
- Many service businesses offer a one hour free consultation anyway, therefore this hour will now benefit from gaining a charitable donation. Plus this assists the CSR of the business.
- The giver will hopefully gain more clients from this scheme (however this cannot be guaranteed).
- The receiver will be able to 'try before they buy' without a service costing it's full value, which they might not otherwise be able to afford.
- The receiver can try out the service to see if it works for them before they commit.
- The local charities benefit from a cash donation to help fund their valuable work within the local community.
The longer-term vision would be to reach out to more businesses across the UK and internationally, as well as support many more worthwhile causes with the initiative.
Find out more, or get in touch re advertising and sponsorship opportunities, at www.anhourorso.co.uk