Why we are fundraising
COVID-19 has had a massive effect on the Foundation and Coventry Rugby, missing out on fundraising events, running of programmes for over three months, and of course, playing rugby! Our Multi-Sport camps allowed us to return but with massive limitations on numbers, procedures, and income.
This Crowdfunder will help us prepare for the new year - effecting our local schools, clubs, and participants in our programmes. We know sport can inspire communities, and this is our opportunity to build positive momentum and keep us Inspiring change through Rugby.
The Coventry Rugby Foundation
The Coventry Rugby Foundation is the charitable arm of professional rugby union club, Coventry Rugby Ltd. Alongside the club, the charity is based within sport for development, using physical activity as a catalyst for the improvement of both physical and mental health in targeted vulnerable communities.
Recently, the Foundation assisted in the running of a set of Multi-Sport Camps adapted to the COVID-19 pandemic to keep children active but safe. We are now aiming to take these experiences into our main programming in order to ensure optimal health standards to match our optimal physical activity access.
All Kids Active will be an umbrella programme adhering a number of currently ran projects together, adapting them to the current health situation as well as preparing for providing the best quality youth sports provision both during and post-COVID-19:
Our various schools outreach programmes
- Rugby & Reading - Our players go into schools and read with young children
- SEND provisions - Currently operating over 40 hours of SEND school work per week, all so necessary in their operations especially over COVID-19 where extra staffing is stretched
- Project:500 - Free holiday activity camps for children who are believed to be living below the poverty line. This provides them with an opportunity to access sporting provisions in a safe and accessible environment. All participants also receive two meals per day as well as a replica Coventry Rugby shirt and season pass for themselves and an adult so that they may remain engaged with us for the future.
Thanks to our Multi-Sport COVID Camps, we are still planning on gaining the funds and running a Project:500 camps in October half-term using the same procedures.
- COVID Adapted After school clubs at Butts Park Arena - after the success of our COVID-adapted Multi-Sport camps, and with many schools reluctant to welcome in external providers, we will offer Multi-Sport sessions to the schools here at the Butts Park Arena as a way to engage with us and provide their pupils with quality PE provision during such a difficult time. This will also allow schools to utilise their PE premium for vital funding towards PE provision in the school
- Under-Funded Schools Programme - Funding for us to work in our local schools no matter what their budget
- Wheelchair Rugby - Our flagship disability programme that has seen us expand a junior section into Sherbourne Fields School. The centre-point for alternative physical health provision and engagement to disabled youths who otherwise would be incredibly restricted.