Why did we start this?
So many decisions are made by our local council that impact our own lives, and yet we are powerless to influence them. Ridiculous as it may seem, if you go and speak at a council meeting in our local area it can be a bit pointless – sometimes the decision has been made prior to the meeting and behind closed doors. This is because 'party politics' holds so much power over local decisions.
Time for Change!
To make a radical change to this we want to remove party politics from decision making. By putting forward 76 independent candidates to stand in the local elections in May 2019 we will fill the council with local people that want to work together, but also be able to question each other and think independently so that informed decisions can be made for the benefit of the whole community.
Some issues in our area that affect us, our relatives and our friends, in some way:
• We have a housing shortage yet the council are allowing developments that are designed as second homes.
• Two children have died walking to school but politicians have said 'nothing can be done' instead of discussing how to stop this happening again.
• We have a really congested area yet the council are not improving public transport.
• We want to be social and yet the council are closing public toilets.
• We have huge wealth in the area and yet we have increasing demand for foodbanks.
• Isolation and loneliness in our community.
Our group – the Alliance for Local Living (ALL) for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole is looking for people to help us push this possibility forwards – people that embrace these values:
1. We will each make up our own mind about each decision without reference to a shared dogma or ideology.
2. Integrity. Decisions will be made in an open and understandable manner. Information will be made available even when we make mistakes, and everyone will have the opportunity to influence decisions.
3. Positivity. We will look for solutions, involving others in the discussions, not just describe problems.
4. Creativity. Use new, or borrowed, ideas from the wider community to refresh what we do and how we do it.
5. Respect. Understand that everyone has an equal voice and is worth listening to.
6. Equality. We will value diversity and seek to ensure a balance of members both in the Leadership Team and in the candidates, we select to stand for election.
7. Do No Harm. We will not make any decision that we believe will have a negative effect on our community and for future generations.
This crowdfunder is to raise funds to pay for leaflets, to hire rooms for open meetings, and to pay for advertising. There are 400 000 residents in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole that all need to know this is an option for them.
If you like the idea, we would welcome any help that you can give.
• Consider standing as an independent councillor.
• If you know anyone that would be great as a councillor, then tell them.
• Donate to this crowdfunding campaign,
• Visit our website on www.voteforall.org.uk,
• Design or deliver leaflets,
• Help with social media,
• and many other ways.
• Sign up to our email list on our website, or join our facebook page @ALLLocalLiving